Closed Thread
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
I believe I have another bug to report, maybe related with the one with fastsms: The Application Flashlauncher is not working anymore, as in if I try to launch something in it, the application just closes itself with a segfault.

Thank you.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Dear CSSU team:

As the wiki say: Who is it for? Long-term: all N900 users/owners.

The date of this post is 01-04-11 (January, right?), we are in September, so the quiestion is: How long is the Long-term we are talking about to see a stable CSSU to the end users?

I got a proposal for you, now that the last update (big one) got stuff like desktop portrait, etc., and got to the Extras-devel, why not polish this version enought to be the first CSSU stable version to everyone?

I say this because if you keep doing update after update (all very welcomes of course) maybe never going to have a stable version (i hope i wrong).

I see this update like an opportunity to going in the direction this project (i guess that is the goal, right?) could be available to all.

I am truly grateful for ALL the work of the developers (no just CSSU) do for this amazing device, but just see that should be a strong plan, and follow that plan (maybe it exist this plan, i don't know if exist).

Thanks to all, and hope you understand my point.

Greetings.
I also agree with this sentiment, it is fantastic to see the CSSU team reaching new heights, but it would be nice to have a locked in baseline that is built upon. That way development can continue but there is always a fallback option.

Thank you to all CSSU team members, and also thank you to all the users who are prepared to install CSSU releases and do the testing - your contributions in trying to stabilise CSSU should not be underrated.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
The list is incomplete, please run in xterm:

Code:
dpkg -l > packages.zip
and attach packages.zip here
sorry just went slept.
here you are
Attached Files
File Type: zip packages.zip (282.4 KB, 81 views)

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
hi all, after updating my phone to latest CSSU, i noticed that a few applications needed to be ugraded. here is the result i have in terminal:

Code:
BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/home/user # apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following packages have been kept back:
  libsdl-mixer1.2
The following packages will be upgraded:
  camera-ui hildon-desktop libqt4-core libqt4-dbus libqt4-declarative libqt4-gui libqt4-maemo5
  libqt4-multimedia libqt4-network libqt4-opengl libqt4-phonon libqt4-script libqt4-sql
  libqt4-sql-sqlite libqt4-svg libqt4-translations libqt4-webkit libqt4-xml libqt4-xmlpatterns
  mp-fremantle-community-pr osso-calculator-ui status-area-orientationlock-applet
22 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 19.3MB of archives.
After this operation, 16.4kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.
/home/user #
As many of them are related to phone, I don't know what to do!
so What do I do? can I upgrade them without messing my phone??

Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
hi all, after updating my phone to latest CSSU, i noticed that a few applications needed to be ugraded. here is the result i have in terminal:

Code:
BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/home/user # apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following packages have been kept back:
  libsdl-mixer1.2
The following packages will be upgraded:
  camera-ui hildon-desktop libqt4-core libqt4-dbus libqt4-declarative libqt4-gui libqt4-maemo5
  libqt4-multimedia libqt4-network libqt4-opengl libqt4-phonon libqt4-script libqt4-sql
  libqt4-sql-sqlite libqt4-svg libqt4-translations libqt4-webkit libqt4-xml libqt4-xmlpatterns
  mp-fremantle-community-pr osso-calculator-ui status-area-orientationlock-applet
22 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 19.3MB of archives.
After this operation, 16.4kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.
/home/user #
As many of them are related to phone, I don't know what to do!
so What do I do? can I upgrade them without messing my phone??
I can't say it's completely safe, but I just let them upgrade and haven't had any problem. To cover my ***** though, I haven't been starting everything I have installed to make sure that there aren't any problems.

EDIT : just had an unexpected reboot while charging my battery

The Following User Says Thank You to FranzDages For This Useful Post:
so, anyone discovered how to lock the phone in portrait mode? and should be easy, to return in landscape mode when we wish....
the ideal was the Orientation Lock button in the menu would keep the phone in the current orientation, and not only in landscape!!! anyone know the possibility to edit it? I dont know were the .ini goes...

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I dont think you can lock in portrait yet

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
I too am grateful for the CSSU team. Thank you just doesn't say enough.

I am here to report a couple of items that have occurred since the last update. I've been running PR 1.3.3.7-9, then on Tuesday (2011-09-06), the latest (PR 1.3.3.7-10) came out, and I installed it. Everything worked fine. Then on 2011-09-07, the cssu features package was upgraded. After this upgrade, I noticed the following:

First, when I tried to open the new CSSU Features from the menu gives the following error:

Code:
Reading the configuration settings gave a FATAL ERROR
while loading. Not all settings are available

Exiting.
The second, and more disturbing problem I found is that I can pair my bluetooth headset (Motorola S-9HD) with the phone just fine, media works (I'm playing podcasts through MediaBox) but I cannot hear a thing on the phone. If I make a call, I cannot hear the ring or the person on the other end. If I receive a call, I hear about the first 1/4 second or so of my ringtone, then nothing. And I can't hear anything through the earpiece unless I physically turn the headset off (switching the headset off in the phone dialog does not work).

Has anyone seen this or have a fix for it?

Thanks,
--vr

The Following User Says Thank You to VulcanRidr For This Useful Post:
I need a bit of help. I updated cssu, everything worked. Then I played with transitions.ini file. I made a mistake somewhere and now it went into a reboot loop. I enabled rd mode n bypassed the guard so I can recover the transitions.ini file or put the original one back in place. Problem is my screen n icons r messed up now, I can't find a way to access xterm to fix it. I just need to get to xterm.... Please help.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
I need a bit of help. I updated cssu, everything worked. Then I played with transitions.ini file. I made a mistake somewhere and now it went into a reboot loop. I enabled rd mode n bypassed the guard so I can recover the transitions.ini file or put the original one back in place. Problem is my screen n icons r messed up now, I can't find a way to access xterm to fix it. I just need to get to xterm.... Please help.
ctrl+shift+x ,
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade