Posts: 77 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Winchester, UK
Just got my Jolla. Looks good but I have a problem with my mobile data connection.

I can receive and texts+phone calls and the status indicator shows a good 3G signal but if I try and make a data connection I'm told "problem with connection" (Wifi works fine).

I'm using Vodafone UK. Anyone seen anything similar?

My phone shows the Operator name correctly on the lock screen and I've played with the Mobile data settings to no avail (roaming enabled/disabled, network mode, network). I can't see how to view/edit the APN. Tips appreciated.

I updated from 1.0.1.10 to the 1.0.1.12 update (though the version still seems to say 1.0.1.10 weirdly :-S )

Thanks in advance for ideas/suggestions

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
You need to go into settings>mobile network
long press Internet, then enter the relevant settings below:

(from http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/se...BTOPICARTICLES )
You might, however, need to enter the settings manually on some devices. In these cases, your settings for internet and picture messaging should be:

Pay monthly / Business
APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk
Username: wap
Password: wap

Pay as you go
APN: pp.vodafone.co.uk
Username: wap
Password: wap

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Winchester, UK
Thanks mrsellout, I hadn't discovered the hidden menu on a long press.

Works fine now - thanks again

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
It took me a while to figure it out too!

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
For anybody on three: http://support.three.co.uk/srvs/cgi-...=obj%286213%29
I'm on 3 and it just worked, in fact I downloaded the 1.0.1.10 update over 3G last night because my broadband was playing up...

The Following User Says Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
@mrsellout Thank you so much.
I didn't realize at all how to activate my 3G for over one day.
You cant figure out that this one is a button. In my case this "Bild Mobile"- something should be a changeable profile.

@Jolla
you need to make those dialogs much much more obvious and intuitive AND you need to document it!!

Originally Posted by CLRS530 View Post
@Jolla
you need to make those dialogs much much more obvious and intuitive AND you need to document it!!
haha, I don't remember a single phone I have ever owned or otherwise that had these settings as an obvious thing. These things fail because the operators are a bit rubbish or outdated. Vodafone didn't work but Three did, out of the box, so I bet that Voda is behind somewhere in their infra or something.

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
haha, I don't remember a single phone I have ever owned or otherwise that had these settings as an obvious thing. These things fail because the operators are a bit rubbish or outdated. Vodafone didn't work but Three did, out of the box, so I bet that Voda is behind somewhere in their infra or something.
You might be right on this (I am on vodafone in germany too). But there is a difference between an option you have to search for and an option that normally cant be found at all.
I really went many times through the settings to find anything that could help.

Originally Posted by CLRS530 View Post
You might be right on this (I am on vodafone in germany too). But there is a difference between an option you have to search for and an option that normally cant be found at all.
I really went many times through the settings to find anything that could help.
I reckon it should be in the guide. I don't remember seeing it, in that I'll give you that Jolla can enhance the documentation.

Tags
jolla, mobile data