Active Topics

Poll: Would you buy N950 if it is available for purchase?
Poll Options
Would you buy N950 if it is available for purchase?

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Nobody has started a poll on this straight forward question yet. Inform me otherwise.

I'd have started this as a petition, but I think it's better to just voice out your opinion rather than give pressure to a company; besides, you don't need to love or hate Nokia to vote, just vote for/against a device like N950 in the market.

Don't ask me for the purpose and meaning of the poll and what can it achieve if it turns out to be something. If you've to ask, you probably don't need to vote. However, you're still welcome to post your opinion below.

I create a third option for those who don't have an opinion but are obliged to vote for any psychological reason.

Please note that the poll is not anonymous.

Thanks.

Last edited by 9000; 2011-07-04 at 03:46.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Croatia
in instant... 3 of them =P

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Sorry, I voted no. I love my N900, I've had it since Nov 09 and will keep using it for as long as it keeps on working.
But, I disagree with Nokia's current strategy and would have stayed with them if Meego was going to be supported and developed. They have chosen to disrespect their N900 buyers (in my opinion)...the very people who would have given them the most vocal support (look at the smartphone championship as an example) so I choose to take my business elsewhere.
I have no idea what my next phone will be but the N900 has given me the time to wait and see what's coming.

Dan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I'm saying "No" a) I'm getting one through MeeGo.com DDP. b) I'd rather the N9 as it has more features (NFC).

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Voted no, but that may change if/when meego.com MeeGo runs well on it.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
That's okay, and good. I voted yes simply because I'd like to see some progress, no matter how little it is. I'm the 'shutup and please take my money for a Meego device with hw keyboard" kind.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
I'll be getting one through DDP but would buy N950 rather than N9 since I want a HW keyboard.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
I would buy one also, if I wouldn't be getting one through DDP
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Australia
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt so far, but I have my reservations and the keyboard may not able to overcome them: At the moment I can't see myself choosing to live without desktop widgets, and I can't see myself choosing to support Nokia on yet another device they have announced they have on intention of continuing with. If community access and software support is as good as it has been with the N900, then probably yes, I would.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Rotterdam, Netherlands
I voted yes, because I would like one. Will not ba able to get one via the Meego device progran because I'n not a developer.

Proud owner of a Jolla smart phone
Check this out !
http://www.jollatides.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to WilliePre For This Useful Post:

Tags
hwkbftw, nokia n950, take my moneys!