I know this is probably the wrong place to post this, but not sure where else to post it and I do not know how to send someone a message, so here it is??

Why is the Nokia 770 and N800 called a Hack-Berry?????

Also, where can I start to learn about building my own software or apps with this device? Thanks!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by cha View Post
Why is the Nokia 770 and N800 called a Hack-Berry?
I've never seen the Internet tablets called that. Do you have a link?

The mobile devices I've seen called "Hackberries" are RIM Blackberries that have flashed to work on Boost Mobile's network.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
I've never seen the Internet tablets called that. Do you have a link?

The mobile devices I've seen called "Hackberries" are RIM Blackberries that have flashed to work on Boost Mobile's network.
It was a article about the 770 tablet and in the article it said how it is a Hackers best friend. I was wondering what they ment by it is used for Hacking and what kind????? I do not have the link, I think it was a post on Cnet or a site similiar to that, well let me know. Thanks!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by cha View Post
It was a article about the 770 tablet and in the article it said how it is a Hackers best friend. I was wondering what they ment by it is used for Hacking and what kind????? I do not have the link, I think it was a post on Cnet or a site similiar to that...
Without the context of the article, it's rather difficult to say. The tablets are popular with folks who like to hack Linux code, obviously. There's also threads here discussing ways to use the tablets to test the security of wireless networks--for a variety of reasons, I'm sure. Additionally, the 770 was featured, long ago, on a television program or two, running software that let it access the Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones of unsuspecting passers by. And so on.

Tags
nokia 770, nokia n800