Installs just fine on my N800 using the command line.
So far so good, no problems I'm seeing. Good work!

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
After flashing the N800 with the new OS2008 I was not able to install eboard again. Here is the terminal output:
Selecting previously deselected package eboard.
(Reading database ... 21355 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking eboard (from eboard_1.0.3-10_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of eboard:
eboard depends on hildon-fm1 (>= 1.14); however:
Package hildon-fm1 is not installed.
eboard depends on hildon-libs0 (>= 0.14.11-1); however:
Package hildon-libs0 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing eboard (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
eboard
Where I can find the not found packages?

I love the eboard port for the tablets and it would be a pitty, if theres no possibility to get the program working on OS2008.

Thanks for listening,
ciao jukey

Solution: Tom updated the Files and now its possible to install Eboard on OS2008:

http://www.v7f.eu/public/n800/chess/

Ciao jukey

I love using Eboard to play on FICS-works fantastic!
Has anyone gotten timeseal to work?
Joel

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
I cant install crafty from that website, I get an incompatible packeage error. any ideas? Im using Diablo, and eboard works just fine.

well, i could install eboard and crafty with no problem, but when i am playing in FICS, with no apparent reason the program just crash (quits?), normally after my opponent make some move. it does not happens all the time, but at least a few times in a game of 15min, what turns impossible to play serious games.
does anyone experienced that too? any idea on how to fix?
i really want to be able play on fics through my n800...

Originally Posted by livredopodervil View Post
well, i could install eboard and crafty with no problem, but when i am playing in FICS, with no apparent reason the program just crash (quits?), normally after my opponent make some move. it does not happens all the time, but at least a few times in a game of 15min, what turns impossible to play serious games.
does anyone experienced that too?
Sounds very strange... I am using eboard in an extensive way nearly every morning while commuting. I normaly play games with 2 minutes time + 12 seconds per move but the program runs very stable for me. I can do 3 or 4 games in a row and everything is fine.

any idea on how to fix?
You can rund eboard from xterm using the command:
Code:
$ eboard
There should be some output if things went wrong. This you can send to the person who ports the game to maemo. His email address you can grab from this site: http://www.v7f.eu/public/n800/chess/

Which version of maemo you are using?

As I wrote I never had any problem with eboard on my N800. Strange...

Me on twitter

thank you for the idea. i think i am using chinook. i am new to maemo. i flashed the last os release from nokia.
i was trying to install scid now, i found at http://debfarm.free.fr/pool/ but i am receiveing its saying i dont have tcl and tk, i installed tcl from estras-devel, but it still says i dont have tcl. maybe it needs the older version, i dont know. by the way, thank you for your suggestion. it seems it will take some efforts to have my programs working.

Eboard is the only well working fics client for maemo I know.

You should make sure that you have installed the last OS version for your tablet. It is well documented here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...ing_on_Windows

good luck!

Me on twitter

yes, i think its the newest version. i launched eboard from the terminal and got played 2 games, while playing the second the program crashed again.
i got this on the terminal:
eboard[2597]: GLIB WARNING ** Gtk - gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -24 and height 0
eboard[2597]: GLIB WARNING ** Pango - Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
eboard[2597]: GLIB WARNING ** Pango - Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
Segmentation fault

i hope someone can help, i really want to play chess on fics.