Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Thanks, i'm very sick right now and this cheer me up.

Noob questions:

How many batery do i have to got to install it? Can be installed with the charger plug?
You can install with charger plugged in, no problem. don't worry about batteries (though on such critical invasive actions you better have a charged battery, just in case you need to reflash when sth goes wrong - no, I haven't heard of that happening on installing CSSU yet :-D )

In the Community SSU/ChangelogStable the NONE, is beacause have the same as T 16.8 or mean that doesn't have it?
It means there's no change to testing 16.8 version

(i supose) is recomended to install CSSU Features Configuration after CSSU S?
Yes, it's a configuration tool for some of CSSU specific settings. No warranty if it works with current Stable or Testing though. We should get it into CSSU repo, as it's another app that is specific to CSSU (like orientation-lock applet), and then keep track of it. For now that hasn't happened yet.

If yes, with CSSU Features Configuration you can configure the Community SSU/FeaturesStable, or you have to do it HAM or with apt-get or tweaking?.
Yes, see above. If it works then you shouldn't need other means - apt-get and HAM are not the right tools for this anyway. Rather maybe vi for editing files and gconftool for gconf keys

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Is it the flavor in About CSSU that tells me if i´m on testing or stable?
It sais testing on mine but i´m pretty sure that i chose stable from the installation page.

Thanks

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
Newbie question.

I asked a lot about the differences between stable and testing, and also I know that the testing version have few packages that the stable version don't.
But, in a "battle" testing VS stable, what version is better about features?

Thanks a lot =)

Last edited by kralde; 2011-11-26 at 23:21.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kralde View Post
Newbie question.

I asked a lot about the differences between stable and testing, and also I know that the testing version have few packages that the stable version don't.

Thanks a lot =)
of course the testing one...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Can I install Stable/Testing on a N900 which is using Titan Kernel v49? I personally have a lot of applications installed but barely modifications, for example changes in the transitions.ini (I guess they will be overwritten by the CSSU).

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by kralde View Post
IMO the term "better" is simply too subjective to answer this. If you want really stable software, use Stable. If you want to live on the edge and want the latest stuff that might not totally work or destroy your data, use Testing. ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by datjomp View Post
Is it the flavor in About CSSU that tells me if i´m on testing or stable?
It sais testing on mine but i´m pretty sure that i chose stable from the installation page.

Thanks
Mine says:

Is very cool this version, thanks all involve, really.

3 things.

1: I have th docs to go premium, but in the install have a docs to go installer, wich i have it now on the app menu, i got now a reboot when open sheet to go.

2: When reboots after install, the docs to go installer push out as update, i try to update but when open HAM, doesn't have any catalogs.

I open FAM and have the catalogs, open again HAM and the catalogs appears with no problem.

3: With the reboot i coment before, the orientation lock applet got the icon, before the reboot doesn't show it the icon, well an red X icon.

Besides the reboot, everything is good, well when i have potrait my stuff are too big, but i'll figure it out (i know that i can add more desktops now).

Greetings.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
is the issue with the theme customizer resolved or not?

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
Can I install Stable/Testing on a N900 which is using Titan Kernel v49? I personally have a lot of applications installed but barely modifications, for example changes in the transitions.ini (I guess they will be overwritten by the CSSU).
Yes
For transitions.ini see wiki page

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

is stable full full ? i want install