Notices

I'm not sure if this is possible but can it be transformed into a slider bar type? That would make it much more flexible than 4-5 predefined values.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by zerocool2k View Post
I'm not sure if this is possible but can it be transformed into a slider bar type? That would make it much more flexible than 4-5 predefined values.
Should be doable, i don't see the need for it, but can be made like this:
When moving slider it echo's to >/sys/class/backlight/acx565akm/brightness to get a preview.
And when the value that user likes is found, it can then echo the set value to /home/user/custom_brightness_settings

all so if you look at the code, you can set your own value instead of the 4 levels i have predefined in the install

all so in terminal - "root"
use the command:
Code:
echo %value% >/sys/class/backlight/acx565akm/brightness
its pretty fast to do by exec the echo command and than pressing up to make a change and exec again.
begin with %value% + 20 steps thug the 256 values (0 - 255)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
now i just have to make a widget or something that does

----------------
"get value" from widget (brightness)
echo (brightness) >/sys/class/backlight/acx565akm/brightness
write/echo (brightness) >/home/user/bright_setting

than it should change brightness and use the value from /home/user/bright_setting

the widget can be made with 2 - xx memory settings for the settings you like to use.

MANY thanks to JonWW for all the help in finally making this work.
No more stupid ALS and a custom brightness thats suits the user

I have made a complete guide to this at the first post now.

This so far only gives you 1 brightness setting but a homemade widget can be made to give you more settings.
This does not change the stock 5 settings, witch after the removal of ALS will be 5 very low steps.
If anybody finds out how to change the 5 stock steps to 5 custom steps please post it here or let me know .
Can you gude me ?????? how to make any scripts.sh that set value predefine by user when particular aplication run...... like mediaplayer, photo, camera, browser. use dbuse camand that set brightness value thanks..............

im not the best programmer, and this is the old thread, for more info goto the main thread, it's in my signature