Xperia X was a pleasant surprise. It is very snappy and all metal build quality seems good. Also camera takes pretty incredible pictures.

Got it with 299€ from verkkokauppa.com .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
hi-tech.mail.ru's article In Russia, a smartphone with two operating systems (google translated)
Today representatives of the Open Mobile Platform (OMP) demonstrated a smartphone Sony Xperia X with two operating systems on board - Sailfish and Android. It is planned that after the completion of the platform can be installed in other smartphones. Perhaps the first of these will be in the developed WMD Russian smartphones Inoi R7 or Ermak-OMP.
So dualboot is possible, nice!

Also according the article SFOS is not anymore seen as Android competitor but as OS for corporation use.

What is Sailfish OS?

Recall that the ESN group Grigory Berezkin acquired Sailfish from Finnish developers - the company Jolla, which in many respects is made up of Nokia employees. Once Sailfish was seen as a competitor to Android, but success was not achieved.

Today Sailfish is positioned as a "Russian" OS, protected from any foreign influences. As part of corporate use, the manager can fully control the mobile devices of employees, including prohibit the inclusion of cameras, disable geo-location and download certain content.
Original article that hi-tech.mail used as source: https://www.vedomosti.ru/technology/...umya-sistemami

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pexi View Post
Xperia X was a pleasant surprise. It is very snappy and all metal build quality seems good. Also camera takes pretty incredible pictures.

Got it with 299€ from verkkokauppa.com .
what does the 8MP sailfish limit do for the Xperia X (SFOS) image quality?

Last edited by Jedibeeftrix; 2017-07-10 at 11:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 342 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Bought an Xperia X from ebay (Germany). Arrived swiftly. 240 € + shipping 10 €. Seems they are still not sold out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371735196231

Phone feels good and I like the form factor. Similar to my Jolla 1, but thinner, a bit larger display and more rounded corners. Now waiting for the Sailfish release.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jukk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
So dualboot is possible, nice!
Don't trust journalists. I'm pretty sure they misunderstood and talking about alien dalvik on top of sailfish.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
BTW, kernel 4.4 is now available. Although I'm sure Jolla won't use it, but maybe custom kernels will be available by community members

2017-06-27: Today we have released experimental AOSP Nougat binaries for Android 7.1 accompanied by a new build guide, added support for Xperia XZ Premium devices and updated support for Xperia XZs, Xperia X Performance, Xperia X Compact and Xperia X devices to kernel 4.4.
Also, damn! Seems like we could get full 20MP camera someday!

2017-06-16: AOSP Marshmallow and Nougat binaries for Android 7.1 updated for Xperia X and Xperia X Compact. Added 20 Mp camera mode and removed 8 Mp camera mode, fixed AF reset during video recording, improved camera stability and AE stability, and fixed 32bit keystore.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
where is this info coming from?

why would jolla not use the 4.4 AOSP kernel released for the xperia X?

where does the 20MP limit come from, sone or jolla?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Don't trust journalists. I'm pretty sure they misunderstood and talking about alien dalvik on top of sailfish.
Vedomosti:
When you turn on the device offers to choose one of two OS.
(google translated)

Hopefully they didn't misunderstood aliendalvik that bad.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
where is this info coming from?

why would jolla not use the 4.4 AOSP kernel released for the xperia X?

where does the 20MP limit come from, sone or jolla?
https://developer.sonymobile.com/ope...atest-updates/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by jukk View Post
Bought an Xperia X from ebay (Germany). Arrived swiftly. 240 € + shipping 10 €. Seems they are still not sold out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371735196231

Phone feels good and I like the form factor. Similar to my Jolla 1, but thinner, a bit larger display and more rounded corners. Now waiting for the Sailfish release.
Hehe, i think that we can wait a longer period as they paired the release with aliendalvik nonsense which should have a secondary priority.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x