Posts: 42 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kuopio, Finland
I noticed this today:
http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry...-21-27-October

Sounds nice.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I think this is false information, because I don't trust youmobile much but I could be wrong. And the grammar is horrible.

Edit: And where does it say N900?

Last edited by Mowgli; 2010-09-13 at 15:43.

Sounds promising

I've read about this also, I'm not quite sure though but if ever its true, I'm not upgrading to meego, I think Maemo is better than maego otherwise my N900 wouldn't be a N900 if its meego. . . I dunno, just my opinion though. . . Cheers!

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
i bet fud without even reading the "source"
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

I'm pretty sure this will be released like MeeGo developer preview was released at end of June. Are you confusing this to MeeGo/Harmattan?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
I think there is still a lot of misunderstanding about the MeeGo thing. The N900 *HAS* MeeGo support, there are paid developers working on it, you can download public weekly builds, etc. The announcement about no official support was for MeeGo-Harmattan (yes, I believe it was extremely poorly formulated). Therefore, it is not exactly a surprise that at some point, the N900 will get MeeGo 1.1. Whether you want to (or can) use that on a daily basis is a whole different story.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
What the heck is Meego anyway. Meego...Ugo....iGO ....wiiGO

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
What the heck is Meego anyway. Meego...Ugo....iGO ....wiiGO
Basically it's this. Nokia have been working on maemo for a number of years to the point where it is stable and mature. The smartphone market is very competitive and competition is fierce.

Nokia thought that cracking this market and exploiting it was not hard enough as it is and decided to abandon maemo and joined a new system instead - called MeeGo.

Meego does the same thing as maemo but is more open source and development is open to everyone (one day).

Meego is the best because maemo does not sound cool enough and maemo is really old now.

There is a large collection of software for maemo written by many developers who spend significant amounts of time writing new software with loads of features that make the n900 so interesting to own.

With meego there is a probability that much of the current software will have to be changed to run properly on Meego. Developers hate writing new features and prefer spending their time on re-testing and tweaking their software to run on Meego. Why fix bugs when you can spend time constantly changing your software on an ever-changing platform?

Maemo is based on gtk and Meego is based on QT. Gtk & QT make the software on your phone look pretty and help developers write cool software.

Nokia chose QT because it's the best.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post: