Notices

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Change of plan:
Since i cannot get my BT keyboard to work with my N900 (have in the past tho....) then lets change the mission to change the way TV-OUT displays video.

Don't want to make a new thread so lets use this one.

------------------------------------------------------
is there any way to have control (seek, quit etc) in a video player and still play smoothly, i normally use KMPlayer and it works just fine, but i want to control seek with the keyboard/BT keyboard.

I tried mplayer (CLI) and no matter what setting i try i cannot get it to play as smooth as KMPlayer, but i can seek using arrow keys.

KMPlayer uses GStreamer & Mplayer in the select player setting

Anybody got any ideas how to get key commands to work in KMPlayer or how to get mplayer to play as smooth.

EDIT: the videos i play are baseline H.264.

Additional info:
Other players tried:
SIB
Internal media player

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-06-19 at 19:28.

overclocking works well with mplayer

Yes i can believe that, running 850MHz and still can't play probably via mplayer CLI, but again kmplayer will.

Again, looking for tweek to MPlayer or how to configure keyboard commands to KMPlayer

nobody got any idea to this "issue"

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Russia
Just tap on screen in KMplayer and keyboard presses will go to mplayer

that didn't work, and i want to be able to operate the player by keyboard only, this would be when using TV-OUT and using BT keyboard because N900 is over by the tv.
My BT mouse works but not when watching movies with kmplayer. when playing movies on tv-out it uses fullscreen video ln tv only, on the N900 i can text or go on the net and the picture on the TV stays in fullscreen.
So if i cannot use any keyboard commands to skip etc, then i would like to know how to disable the video out on tv-out... meaning that no matter what is going on on the N900 it shows the same on the TV.
Clone view if you will.....

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-06-19 at 19:24.

hmm cant seem to get my BT850 BT keyboard to work.....

so im changing the title and "mission" to get Clone view instead of TV fullscreen view....

Bumping this thread again, would really like if we could override the TV out so that when watching clips/movies then it will not use the separate video out mode, but would have full clone view like when doing every thing else.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
Bumping this thread again, would really like if we could override the TV out so that when watching clips/movies then it will not use the separate video out mode, but would have full clone view like when doing every thing else.
Well, that "could" be achievable and I will try to do it someday. But don't hold your breath, currently I am running pretty enough projects, so won't try before some of them is completed. In the meantime you can try to play with values under "/sys/devices/platform/omapdss" and "/sys/devices/platform/omapfb"

BTW having resolutions larger than 576p(or so) on TV-out is possible by downsizing (in real-time I mean) frames before they enter framebuffer. There are two options for that:

1. Using CPU (and that is what videoscale gstreamer element does). I am not sure whether it is NEON-optimized, but if it is not then NEON optimized videoscale should be fast enough (hopefully) to downsize 720p to 576p @ 30 fps. Currently it is too slow.

2. Using camera (ISP) resizer module. In theory ISP resizer is capable to resize images(frames) in memory/memory mode. I don't know if that functionality is implemented (and working) in our kernel, but anyway at least HW is there. So if it is not working/implemented then ISP resizer driver backport is needed along with some new gstreamer element utilizing the functionality.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: