This is just my personal opinion and if I offended you somehow, it is of my utmost apology.
So, we all know when Nokia's share in the market is declining, the previous CEO "resigned" and was replaced by the head of sales of Microsoft. The resume looks impressive, and the guy probably knows how to convince the board of director. However, if you dig deeper into his past, you will find that most companies he held senior position in, are either bankrupted or bought over by some other company.

What he is trying to do, is Americanised Nokia. Nokia never did sell well in North America for some reasons. My thoughts? Americans are too lazy to choose. Why go for iPhone? That's easy, that's the only Apple product. Why go for S2/3? That's easy, because it is the only phone that could compete with iPhone.

Sure, iPhone and Samsung and HTC has some innovation, but if you notice, they have been preying on the same features, thin, light, large screen, sharper screen, better camera, more apps. Sure, all manufacturers did the same, even Nokia does. Yet, Nokia's R&D department work very hard, though I can't say for their marketing department. On contrast, other manufacturers pump millions into marketing, but little to their R&D.

So, Elop tried to do the same thing. Fire brilliant R&D staff, hire big fat liars to marketing. I don't see what's wrong with that, other than dooming Nokia. What drives Nokia is the European minds behind them, great innovation and never too much marketing. Right now, he is trying to change it. Windows phone? Please, few millions dumped into the sea (marketing) and only caught some small anchovies. There are reasons why people disliked them.

I came across a slash gear post saying Elop is a genius... Well, they must be oblivious. Perhaps, in most Americans' minds, their small little pathetic market(few hundred millions) is bigger than the billions that all other countries can contribute. There are reasons why European companies are ran by non-American, and these are.

I must have confused you, feel free to debate here, or adding your opinions. Everyone is bias, mind you. I support Nokia N9 and you have rights to support others. Don't you dare say I am one bias man that deserved to be burned in hell.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
does it matter what you think or phrase ???
NO,it does not !!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by JethroSang View Post
This is just my personal opinion and if I offended you somehow, it is of my utmost apology.
So, we all know when Nokia's share in the market is declining, the previous CEO "resigned" and was replaced by the head of sales of Microsoft. The resume looks impressive, and the guy probably knows how to convince the board of director. However, if you dig deeper into his past, you will find that most companies he held senior position in, are either bankrupted or bought over by some other company.

What he is trying to do, is Americanised Nokia. Nokia never did sell well in North America for some reasons. My thoughts? Americans are too lazy to choose. Why go for iPhone? That's easy, that's the only Apple product. Why go for S2/3? That's easy, because it is the only phone that could compete with iPhone.

Sure, iPhone and Samsung and HTC has some innovation, but if you notice, they have been preying on the same features, thin, light, large screen, sharper screen, better camera, more apps. Sure, all manufacturers did the same, even Nokia does. Yet, Nokia's R&D department work very hard, though I can't say for their marketing department. On contrast, other manufacturers pump millions into marketing, but little to their R&D.

So, Elop tried to do the same thing. Fire brilliant R&D staff, hire big fat liars to marketing. I don't see what's wrong with that, other than dooming Nokia. What drives Nokia is the European minds behind them, great innovation and never too much marketing. Right now, he is trying to change it. Windows phone? Please, few millions dumped into the sea (marketing) and only caught some small anchovies. There are reasons why people disliked them.

I came across a slash gear post saying Elop is a genius... Well, they must be oblivious. Perhaps, in most Americans' minds, their small little pathetic market(few hundred millions) is bigger than the billions that all other countries can contribute. There are reasons why European companies are ran by non-American, and these are.

I must have confused you, feel free to debate here, or adding your opinions. Everyone is bias, mind you. I support Nokia N9 and you have rights to support others. Don't you dare say I am one bias man that deserved to be burned in hell.
What a bunch of b**ss. Elop is trying to sell phone and the dinosaur line up is not selling. Those brilliant R&D people could never make software work out of the box. No matter what you say, the market has spoken: Symbian phones do not sell well.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
What a bunch of b**ss. Elop is trying to sell phone and the dinosaur line up is not selling. Those brilliant R&D people could never make software work out of the box. No matter what you say, the market has spoken: Symbian phones do not sell well.
Symbian DOES sell well, Windows phones AREN'T

I thought you were banned?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
I thought you were banned?
Keep thinking, before thoughts are banned on this forum.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
My opinion is his job is to bankrupt Nokia & destroy its competing OS'es and blame problems on sales staff so that MS can buy the company cheap and use the Nokia patents to patent troll
and an investigation needs to be done into the board to find the bribes and/or blackmail since as you say it is obvious where he goes company goes bankrupt.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
My opinion is his job is to bankrupt Nokia & destroy its competing OS'es and blame problems on sales staff so that MS can buy the company cheap and use the Nokia patents to patent troll
and an investigation needs to be done into the board to find the bribes and/or blackmail since as you say it is obvious where he goes company goes bankrupt or bought by another company.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
I think you are underestimating the power of the carriers in the US. With the exception of the iPhone, Americans will buy only what they are shown by the sales people of one of the carriers. So american end-users are not the real customers for phone makers - the carriers are. Were it not for the iPhone, and the disruption it caused in the US, the carriers would still be selling Palm Treos to us.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Newport, Wales
I wish they used the money they spent developing lumia on marketing the n9, but elop is just devastatingly an idiot.

Tags
schit 4 brains, stupid rant