Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
I see more and more threads here at talk.maemo.org that has little or nothing to do with maemo or N900. Even though dual core stuff in mobile computing might be interesting technology, I'd say that discussion belongs somwhere else. It's just too much noise here.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
I see more and more threads here at talk.maemo.org that has little or nothing to do with maemo or N900. Even though dual core stuff in mobile computing might be interesting technology, I'd say that discussion belongs somwhere else. It's just too much noise here.
It can turn into noise, but I think it's cool to acknowledge the other high-end stuff out there...

The Following User Says Thank You to SAABoy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Even though dual core stuff in mobile computing might be interesting technology, I'd say that discussion belongs somwhere else.
Maybe it belongs to "Competitors" forum?
Oh wait... It's already on Competitors forum.
And it's about competing processors and devices.

Maybe you shouldn't read forums you're not interested in, no?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I think that talk on these sophisticated subjects is one of the things that draws people here. Not only do most people here like Nokia mobile net devices, they also know something about advanced technology. That's a plus all round.

Yes, it was a mistake to come close to selling out to Nokia (my opinion), but following other developments helps to maintain objectivity.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
*BORING

sorry its just old news
And just to throw it out there, this is a Dual-core Snapdragon based on a modified dual-Cortex A8.
It is the A9's that are the supersonic processors and they're available yesterday.

Just google TSMC40G for an idea of next-gen's smartphone processors.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Hey, smoku, go easy with your sarcastic tone please, that was a friendly statement I made. I didn't notice that there also was a "competitors" forum here (which in fact amazes me a little, if I'd want to read about the competitors new technology I'd rather go looking at their sites and forums instead).

I never said that I wasn't interested in that. But reading that "Active Topics" (which I'd suppose would be a good way to keep updated here) I notice some trend that lesser topics by each day actually has to do with what this maemo site should be about, maemo based devices.

I'd say people most likely would visit this site because they problably are interested in the talk around a maemo based device like the N800 or N900.
Or maybe I'm WAY out there.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
And just to throw it out there, this is a Dual-core Snapdragon based on a modified dual-Cortex A8.
There is no such thing as a dual-Cortex A8, so whatever they did with Snapdragon (regarding dual-core) is their own stuff, not an A8 derivative (we have yet to see if it beats A9, which WAS designed from the bottom up for multicore operations).

I wonder why they named it after a big old lumbering slow thing?
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Glaciers are also cold...

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Glaciers are also cold...
Ah, but they melt when they get warm.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.