Posts: 55 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Perú.
Is there a way to modify that? Because the conflict with some GBA games was that at a certain point when you finished a part of the game, it would restart and due to the lack of 128KB save type you wouldn't be able to continue because you could only save through the emulator.

Originally Posted by RazorNoobish View Post
Is there a way to modify that? Because the conflict with some GBA games was that at a certain point when you finished a part of the game, it would restart and due to the lack of 128KB save type you wouldn't be able to continue because you could only save through the emulator.
Do you want to import save from old version with flash size 64KB to the new version with 128KB flash? I am sorry, but I have bad info for you. It is possible, but it's hard and it's ugly- I won't support something like this. When emulated hardware differs, states are not compatible. That is why it's called "Advanced Launch". Of course I apologize I didn't implemented 128KB flash support first time.

No, that's not what I meant. I'm ok with starting a new game, it's no big deal. What I wonder if it'd be possible to save the game without using the save slots in the emulator, but using the save option in the ROM.

Well, it can be done. I can add an option in GBA settings to store/restore flash content to another file. But I don't know really why it is an isssue. The flash content is loaded from the state. Is it time related, please tell me.

The thing is that at some point the game will restart itself and you'd have to select the option "Continue game". If I'd save only via the emulator, the option "Continue game" will not appear and if I try to load the saved game on the emulator slot I'd be on an endless loop.

Are you trying to say that in-game GBA save (not emulator save) do not work at all?

Exactly, sometimes I can't express myself well . I've tried several times, changing some settings but, in the end, it starts a new game.

OK, I will check it in the next week. Added to bugtracker, so I won't forget. Thank you for reporting

Thank you for your work and for replying ultra-fast!

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by elemental View Post
In the new version flash size is automatically detected for some games, and Pokemon games are happy when they have 128KB flash. I suppose this is a problem, and when you want to load a game from previous version a message appers: "Configuration of loaded state differs from the current one. Mismatch in gbaMem.flashDevice". Is it true? To make it work: select a game and go to "Advanced Launch" page and select "Macronix 64KB" flash. Click on "Run". The options from "Advanced Launch" are saved in states, so save game once and you don't need to change things in "Advanced Launch" again.

Please next time be precise, write which version are you using and write exact message which appears, and what exactly happens, I don't want to guess every time. Thank you.
After loading and trying to save it says:

Saving state failed: Could not open file for writing.

What do I do now?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4