Active Topics

I've installed Qt 4.6.2 (libqt4-maemo5-dev, also removing the previous version) and PySide. I verified that PySide is using the correct QT version (QtCore.QT_VERSION_STR is 4.6.2), but I don't find the QMaemo* classes, which should be in the QtGui module (right?).

I tried with the PyQt packages as well, but those will (apparently) only use Qt 4.5, which hasn't got those classes at all.

Is there any way to use these QMaemo5 classes from Python... ?

Cheers

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
I was just going to ask this question today. I want to use the QMaemo5ValueButton in the next version of my MaeFlight app.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Just seen this, so to publicly reiterate this from PyQt's standpoint:

Sadly, because of the way Qt is packaged, a recompile is necessary (not only that, you need to actually manually tweak the control files so that Qt4.6 is used as the base). There was a plan to have separate PyQt packages for Qt4.5 and Qt4.6, but given that the public release containing 4.6 is just weeks away, it has been decided that PyQt will follow the same schedule, the 4.6 linked version (with the accompanying Maemo5 classes) will appear right after PR1.2 is released. I believe PySide has a similar release schedule (I don't know about their QMaemo5* stuff, though)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by toyg View Post
but I don't find the QMaemo* classes, which should be in the QtGui module (right?).
Is there any way to use these QMaemo5 classes from Python... ?

Cheers
I dont know much about PyQT as I do much of my development in C++.
The Maemo5 classes can be found in the QtMaemo5 module.
things like the ValueButton, DatePicker, InformationBox etc...
Travelapp - london underground status/planner ( website )
Batlevel - desktop widget for battery level ( website )

“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manaus, Brazil
Originally Posted by toyg View Post
I've installed Qt 4.6.2 (libqt4-maemo5-dev, also removing the previous version) and PySide. I verified that PySide is using the correct QT version (QtCore.QT_VERSION_STR is 4.6.2), but I don't find the QMaemo* classes, which should be in the QtGui module (right?).
QMaemo5* classes are found on the "QtMaemo5" module, which you can get in PySide by installing "pyside-qt4-maemo5". Run "apt-cache search pyside-qt4" (either on Scratchbox or on the device itself) to learn about the available packages.

So, yes, PySide currently supports Qt 4.6.2, and has basically all the Maemo 5 specific stuff on it.

But note PySide is currently only in extras-devel (as you might have noticed because you already installed it), so please give us any feed on your experience with these modules.

For communication, we have the IRC channel (#pyside) and mailing list (http://lists.openbossa.org/listinfo/pyside).

You might also be interested in trying some PySide examples:

http://qt.gitorious.org/pyside/pyside-examples

And the documentation:

http://www.pyside.org/documentation/

Hope that helps

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizardo For This Useful Post: