Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
You can try pre-50 build, it has much better SR driver, should solve your issues.
Hey freeman, thanks for your suggestion. I can try pre-50 build, I only need a step by step guide to install it.

Is pre-50 build stable enough to use my device as main phone, with all communication functions working?

d!

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
@D,

Just double checked, mplayer, no stuttering but there was a little fragmentation in the vid compared to gstreamer I originally thought was part of the original recording.

Originally Posted by Sphinx780 View Post
@D,

Just double checked, mplayer, no stuttering but there was a little fragmentation in the vid compared to gstreamer I originally thought was part of the original recording.
So, can you notice something is strange using mplayer with smartreflex enabled?

d!

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by thedarkus View Post
Hey freeman, thanks for your suggestion. I can try pre-50 build, I only need a step by step guide to install it.

Is pre-50 build stable enough to use my device as main phone, with all communication functions working?

d!
Well, I am using it on my device (the only phone I am using) and it is stable, don't see a reason why it won't be stable on yours. You can install it by using dpkg, it should be explained in OP

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
i use kpPre50 and bleeding edge didnt work,

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
You can try pre-50 build, it has much better SR driver, should solve your issues.
sorry to bother with the few questions but which kp .deb pre-50 do you suggest to install and try as there is two of them, pali's and yours, I tried both of them and both worked for me with a small problem of pali's ones as his does not support lxp's drivers and if you downgrade his to a previous kp most of lib files and aps are deleted if apt-get autoclean afterwards as mentioned few posts back. Also you suggested to enter KP50 to extras-devel and as you well know most of us are using our beloved n900 for pentesting or at least myself so will be appreciated if you let the community know if the new KP50 supports lxp's injection drivers because if it does not, I for one will not upgrade to it for the above mentioned problems I had.

ps: at the moment I am using your kp pre50 .deb and I am very happy with it on dsp profile maemo PR1.3.1 (battery life at the moment 27:13 hrs and still have 50% left but to be honest I did not use the device much in the past day, jut for mail, sms, some internet and few calls. Not all devices are the same). Thank you all for your great work and effort on trying to find new ways to improve our n900.

Last edited by g0r; 2012-03-05 at 02:33.

Hello

I am using v49 and I have ipv6 problems apparently due to rejected RADV which messes up the default route. A reported fix is on :http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67923

May I ask for a .ko ?

Also, anyone has tested if "batterypatch" event.d is interesting with v49 overclocked to 500-900 MHz (mix/max) ?

Thanks

Last edited by guylhem; 2012-03-05 at 05:34.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
about those patches, you are better off without them. Just load dsp profile, then:

Kernel-config limits 500 900 (note: I use 250 as min)
Kernel-config save mycfg
Kernel-config default mycfg

This way you have the best batterylife because of SR and still an overclock. You're OC settings will be loaded at boot too

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Originally Posted by thedarkus View Post
So, can you notice something is strange using mplayer with smartreflex enabled?
On that single video, there's a definite difference in picture quality. If I have time today I'll fire up another movie or two and see if it's consistent.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by guylhem View Post
Hello

I am using v49 and I have ipv6 problems apparently due to rejected RADV which messes up the default route. A reported fix is on :http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67923

May I ask for a .ko ?

Also, anyone has tested if "batterypatch" event.d is interesting with v49 overclocked to 500-900 MHz (mix/max) ?

Thanks
If you're running batterypatch, you're not running at 500-900. From boot through shutdown batterypatch does forced-loads of it's own profile settings, which overrides whatever defaults you have set. You're effectively running 250-800 if you have battery patch installed unless you changed the profiles it's installed.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou