Posts: 68 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Perth, Australia
Just wondering if the N9 bluetooth stack will ever have the MAP (Message Access Profile)? I thought it was a handy feature on my Pre2 with the Touchpad (sending and receiving SMS messages), and was hoping the N9 had it when I upgraded my phone.

Is it something that can be put in via open source later on, or am I at the mercy of Nokia having to update the firmware?

I Was wondering that myself. I Get limited joy with my touchpad and n9. Would love that full functionality back. Great to leave the phone charging on the touchstone and just use the one device at home.

Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
I Was wondering that myself. I Get limited joy with my touchpad and n9. Would love that full functionality back. Great to leave the phone charging on the touchstone and just use the one device at home.
Its got me thinking that if it can't be done, I'd probably sell the N9 and get a Pre3 instead. Almost. GPS in Australia with the Pre was average at best!

I had a Pre3 - still have it - and am not sure whether to stick with the N9 or go back. I do miss the keyboard and just type/better mail client. The camera and navigation options are miles behind though - if I could get this working would be a bit happier.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Apparantly Bluez supports MAP, so you can compile the support yourself to your phone if your really want it. Most likely nobody else is doing it for you since feature is not used by so many people.

@rainisto Thanks for that! Will look in to it.

@scaramanga89 There are a lot of things I liked better on the Pre2 I had compared to the N9, but you are right that the camera and navigation on the Pre is terrible. I'm hoping that Open webOS gets ported to the N9, as the hardware specs of a Pre2 and N9 are reasonably close

Originally Posted by lavo View Post
@rainisto Thanks for that! Will look in to it.

@scaramanga89 There are a lot of things I liked better on the Pre2 I had compared to the N9, but you are right that the camera and navigation on the Pre is terrible. I'm hoping that Open webOS gets ported to the N9, as the hardware specs of a Pre2 and N9 are reasonably close

That would be good, but there's always compromises. Any idea how to get started on this BT compile?