Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Can you just flash normal over prf? if yes then indeed there's no point comparing, just flash the offered one if it's not yet flashed
Yep. It's really simple - if you're on v2 you get the prf, which is the migration firmware that updates the recovery firmware. Then when that's on you get the latest v3.

Originally Posted by ruff View Post
btw the one thing which is itching me the most (however i didn't have time to look at it yet) - is developer connection. Is it something present in the libpebble2 and thus could be implemented in the rockworkd/rockpoold?
I've never heard of that. What is it?

The Following User Says Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
I've never heard of that. What is it?
It's what allowing you making apps for watches. mostly debugging them and deploying without appstore. See https://developer.pebble.com/guides/...er-connection/
It's available through pebble SDK (hence protocol part should be in the libpebble2 i presume), however phone app should support it, acting as a proxy for either direct push or pebblecloud.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Looks like a phone app service rather than something that the watch supports? I can't see anything specific in libpebble2. Maybe it's equivalent to the DBus connection/sideloading...

yes, now looking at the api I think from watch perspective it is combination of the SideLoad + DumpLogs loop, phone service is acting as service to communicate then to sdk or cloudpebble.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Thanks, now the clock is working!!!

Ronny

Really impressive how far this has come this quickly, well done!

One idea for a feature request I've been mulling over: do you think it would make sense to be able to suppress notifications on the watch when the phone screen has been unlocked for a certain amount of time? Sometimes I'll sit there reading my phone for a while, and it always strikes me as a bit pointless (...distracting, wasteful of battery) that my watch still buzzes. It'd have to be optional, obviously.

edit - One way you could do this would be in the 'Manage notifications' settings page have three options for each notification - Always / Locked only / Off. That would allow people to prioritise important notifications.

Last edited by MikeHG; 2016-03-24 at 16:02.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Guys, you ROCK!

I prepared for several walls to run into from reading this thread but it worked on first try with no problems!
Even the userdata from apps in 2.9.1 was still there after updating my Steel to 3.10 and reinstalling apps.

Gonna report if i hit problems. Everything works perfectly for my usecase. I am super impressed

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
edit - One way you could do this would be in the 'Manage notifications' settings page have three options for each notification - Always / Locked only / Off. That would allow people to prioritise important notifications.
I think should be doable, can subscribe to smth like this to track active state
Code:
signal sender=:1.1 -> dest=(null destination) serial=3592 path=/com/nokia/mce/signal; interface=com.nokia.mce.signal; member=tklock_mode_ind
   string "unlocked"
to enable active filtering and
Code:
signal sender=:1.1 -> dest=(null destination) serial=3628 path=/com/nokia/mce/signal; interface=com.nokia.mce.signal; member=display_status_ind
   string "off"
to fall back to passive state filters

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
So with Coderus' Qt5Websockets packages from Openrepos, it's possible to build Rockpool with the JS websockets stuff turned back on. I've got it running on my phone - the code is in a new branch on github. I don't know of an app to test it with though.

If it works without problems, maybe we could ask for it to be added to the Sailfish repos. It kind of qualifies as a backport...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2016 @ Finland
Hi,

I was about to take a screenshot of my Rockpool showing my Pebble Time Steel, but I noticed, that the watch image in the app actually shows a screenshot of my watch in a real situation (bluetooth settings showing my devices) !? When did that happen, and how could that be changed ?

Another thing: the order of watchfaces can be modified, but the "save" button doesn't seem to do anything ? The order remains the same in the watch as it was before.

But once again: thanks for the app, this is brilliant !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Upp15 For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch