Hi Friends...... I am curious to see how this works. Has anyone tried this? I will be doing this over the weekend as i might now find time till then. But i can't wait till that time to find out how this can help in making my 770 better

Thoughtfix has a short video of it:
http://tabletblog.com/2007/11/access...irst-look.html

Just fired it up on my N800.
I've never had a palm device, so I'm not too sure, but it looked like it worked.
Anyone know where a good graffiti cheat sheet is?

Regarding portrait vs. landscape:
I saw a comment (on tabletblog maybe?), but I think he had it backwards.
When the "full-screen" box is checked, the display shows vertically in the middle of the N800 screen. Pixel-for-pixel correct, right-way-up, with no maemo borders, launch buttons, etc. (Oh, yeah, and wasting 3/5 of the N800 screen with a pretty background of your selection.)
When the "full-screen" is un-checked, the display shows up in a normal (not full-screen) maemo window. So when you hold the tablet with the d-pad & keys down, the Garnet window is right-way-up. Some of the left-over screen is now used for normal maemo stuff, as expected.
NO way, at present, of running the thing scaled (by 5/3) to just fill the N800 screen, or even scaled to just fill a maemo window. Nor of displaying 2 gvms side by side, which could be cool for testing multiplayer games.

So, this is just a VM, correct? Just wondering if there is a browser that is more advanced than the built in Opera browser.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
lol Opera is one of the best browser on mobile device. Browser on palm are far away ...

Opera-Mini is considered by many palm addict as one of the best browser on palm. haha

Nope. There is no Palm browser as good as the Opera browser IMO.

Well, actually the Netfront browser (by Access) on the Palm OS is pretty good. But don't bother though. Go for the latest MicroB on the IT. Full screen, full browser.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
Not really sure, but the internet doesn't work when the vm is actually running.
Ran an app thats capable of online multiplayer.
and it complained that a connection could not be made.
think it only works for the wifi hotsync feature.

will do some more homework on this.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ Parma, Ohio
I fired it up. I haven't install any Palm apps or tried Hotsync. Graffitti worked well.

The built in Opera browser works for most websites, but still suffers from rendering problems; there are also issues with more advanced sites.
The last I heard, mircob was not yet functional on the 770 HE OS, but is supposed to be ready when the next release is out.

Tags
garnet, palm