Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
While I have LOVED the free internet that this phone and setup provides me, I am moving to a place with ubiquitous wifi and would like to pass this gem along to an ITT member.

You can read more about the set up here, but here's the skinny: if you keep this pre-paid account active by adding $10 every 3 months*, you get an always on 19.9kbs internet stream that works virtually everywhere in the US. It is great for those who can throw the somewhat bulky motorola i605 in a bag and who can live with the slow connection since it is free frEE FREE! Use skweezer.com or the google mobile proxy as your web portal while on the go, and you will be surprised how little the slow connection slows you down.

Anyway, that's the story. Here's what you get. You get the i605 and wall charger, which cost me $50 on ebay; I'll transfer my boost account to your name and you'll get $54 in credits (you'll need to add another $10 to the account by 9/24, or else you'll lose those credits). I never use the minutes, so I don't know what $54 amounts to in talk-time. But the cell phone minutes are surely great to have in a pinch.

That's a roughly $100 value. Since I can't think of a better way to do this, I'll just go with the best offer over $45 that is sent via private message to me before 10am eastern US time on Wednesday July 29. The winning bidder must also pay shipping, which I'll stipulate will be $5. I'll ship priority mail anywhere in the U.S. (not sure if boost works in canada, but if you want me to ship to cananda, that's fine).

Once we have a winner, we'll arrange payment (probably through paypal but I haven't thought that far ahead yet). I'll then call boost and change the account to the winner's name and email address, and then I'll send you the phone number and password.

If there are no bids by wednesday, well, I'll reevaluate.

Seriously people, this is a good deal for those who have an n8x0 and who always wanted portable internet but thought it was too expensive. The pairing process is super easy and the account is already up and running so I can guarantee that it works.

Post questions here, and I'll do my best to answer them (although I'm moving this week and am super busy, so there may be some delay).

*I know the Boost site says you have to pay $20 every three months to keep the account active, but I was told by a customer service rep that it's just $10, and that's what I've been doing, without a problem, for a year. But I won't be held responsible if it turns out that you have to follow the website's rules. Still, $6.66/month is dirt cheap for always-on internet.

Last edited by lm2; 2009-07-28 at 12:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to lm2 For This Useful Post:
Or do people prefer a public bidding process? ( you can see I've not given this much thought)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lm2 For This Useful Post:
Someone asked if this connection is fast enough to sustain skype/gizmo. I don't know, but I doubt it. Anyone know if it is?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm certain it doesn't, although I don't feel like looking it up so I can actually cite any sources :P

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Hmm it would support SMS messages though.. I might be interested in this. But jeez 19.9 kbps.. I haven't used lower then dial up speeds in forever lol.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Yeah, but hey, it's free (or, if you wish to be pedantic, it's 3.33/month). That's a good deal that I have been grateful to take advantage of for more than a year.

Anyway, make an offer, will ya?!

Haha, how does it support Google Reader? (say the iPhone version).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

It's a bit slow to load up the iphone version, but if you navigate there and wait, say, for 30 seconds to a minute, it'll have enough loaded to work OK. I mostly use the "mobile" version, which works really well and quite quickly even with boost's connection.

Public bidding it is.

It sounds like the Boost plan is similar to Virgin Mobile (which I current have/use). I can't seem to find the $10 or $20 every 90 day amount posted anywhere on their site. Anyone have a link?