Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Thanks lma. If the ipv6 driver is stable, then this means I just enable it in the mosquitto postinit scripts!
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
Running much more quickly here.
Thanks for all the work.
Willing to test the n800 screen driver also.

The Following User Says Thank You to n9ots For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Actually I didn't noticed any changes... Things work as slow as usual...

Hey, some action for our old N8x0ses again, thanks maacruz !
Of cours this happens just as I am away from home for a week, I will give it a try on the 810 when I get back... I also have a 800 lying around if you need more testers

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Actually I didn't noticed any changes... Things work as slow as usual...
The cpu is the same, you can't change how fast it works, just how it is used : reduce slow mmc usage (swap module), do something useful while idle (swap_prefetch), do not starve processes and listen more to the user (sd scheduler), do not spam dbus (gconf2), do not allow unbound memory leaks (gpsdriver-guard)......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
@n9ots, maluka, rlinfati:
N800 testing kernel with new touchscreen driver: deleted
Please, flash this kernel and test
1) Touchscreen works (it should)
2) Use the touchscreen heavily for a couple of minutes, make some drawing, then open a xterm and type: "dmesg|grep TSC". If it shows any message, then the driver is improving your touchscreen.

Last edited by maacruz; 2011-02-14 at 18:13. Reason: Deleted not working test zImage

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Please, flash this kernel and test
1) Touchscreen works (it should)
Not quite

Tapping the screen causes the N800 to freeze and the watchdog to kick in. This happens when tapping the screen during bootup (the blue bar at the bottom has gone a 1/4 of the way) or during the Nokia hands screen. As I have my cursor enabled at this point, tapping the screen does cause the pointer to move but my N800 to freeze straight after.

The reason why I haven't put my name down for "official" testing is because my N800's touchscreen is already quite damaged (the lower-right quadrant of the screen, for example, is totally unusable) EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not saying this because I don't trust your work but because I wouldn't be able to give you accurate results because of my touchscreen's state. I'll happily flash any kernel you post up, but I just don't know if any results produced from my N800 would be of any use

Last edited by jstokes; 2011-02-14 at 17:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
I can also confirm that the n800 touchscreen driver crashes after the first touch, The kernel is otherwise stable but as soon as I touch the screen it will crash. Thanks for the other stuff though it worked fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to andy1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jstokes View Post
Not quite

Tapping the screen causes the N800 to freeze and the watchdog to kick in. This happens when tapping the screen during bootup (the blue bar at the bottom has gone a 1/4 of the way) or during the Nokia hands screen. As I have my cursor enabled at this point, tapping the screen does cause the pointer to move but my N800 to freeze straight after.
He! Found a typo, and you know, typo==kernel crash by null pointer dereferencing
The reason why I haven't put my name down for "official" testing is because my N800's touchscreen is already quite damaged (the lower-right quadrant of the screen, for example, is totally unusable) EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not saying this because I don't trust your work but because I wouldn't be able to give you accurate results because of my touchscreen's state. I'll happily flash any kernel you post up, but I just don't know if any results produced from my N800 would be of any use
They are already of much use, at least regarding kernel crashes

Ok, here we go again.
New test zImage for N800: deleted
Fixed the typo. Let's hope this time it works, no guarantees though!
Thanks to all testers!

Last edited by maacruz; 2011-02-16 at 20:37. Reason: Deprecated testing binary deleted

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Fixed the typo. Let's hope this time it works, no guarantees though!
Touchscreen works!

Here's what I get from a couple of minutes' use:
Nokia-N800-43-7:~# dmesg|grep TSC
[ 0.843750] #0: OMAP24xx EAC with codec TSC2301

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:

Tags
chinook, diablo, new life, os2008