Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bavaria, Germany
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
I just gave web2sms v.0.1.2-8 a try with O2germany.
and it seems to work properly. nice one!

But your O2germany web support misses some features.

- scheduled sms
- anonymous sms
- Set Text to show as Sender
- flash sms

Are you going to implement these anytime soon?

regards.
I never thought of implementing these features as my main motivation was to create an application which behaves like the standard conversations. These options don't fit in the interfaces right now, so I give them no priority.

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
The fake remaining SMS counter for o2 has a few problems:

- After sending a SMS with 160 characters it calculates two SMS
- A SMS to more than one recipient is only counted as one SMS

Could you please add a real (optional) check? Currently I often close and start web2sms again just to make sure that the last message was sent...
Thanks in advance.
Yeah, that happens when you write code without testing :P I'll fix the counter and see how to integrate the send state. I also created a task some time ago to not forget it

Originally Posted by hcm View Post
Thanks for the explanation Really appreciated

I'm not really a python-programmer, more like a hacker That's why I have some problems structuring the code the correct "python-way".

But I think I got the idea and will make the necessary changes, as well as add some more error-checking. (Maybe tomorrow, otherwise I'll be out for a week)

BTW, in case of an error while sending a message, should the sendMessageReply or error-Signal be emitted first? (For login, it's probably the same with loginReply and error)
The error signal should always be the last for each task. So emit loginReply and sendMessageReply before the error signal.

The Following User Says Thank You to gri For This Useful Post:
Hi guy,

First off, my big thanks to Gri gor making this. I just installed and registered it, and it works perfectly!

I just have 1 question:
When i send a message , the receipent will see my name and number (ive set that up in 12voip). When they reply to that message, i receive it in my conversations menu, thats perfect!!
Now my question is, if i reply to that on? it will count as a message through my normal provider right? it doenst go automatically through web2sms again?

So when i wanna reply, i will have to do it through web2sms, or not?

Might be a stupid question, but just to make sure

again, thanks for the fantastic app! keep the work up

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
could you plz post or send me your complete source?
I would like to see If I can integrate the missing o2 features.
...would be great to keep learning QT.

Originally Posted by Jroeno View Post
Hi guy,

First off, my big thanks to Gri gor making this. I just installed and registered it, and it works perfectly!

I just have 1 question:
When i send a message , the receipent will see my name and number (ive set that up in 12voip). When they reply to that message, i receive it in my conversations menu, thats perfect!!
Now my question is, if i reply to that on? it will count as a message through my normal provider right? it doenst go automatically through web2sms again?

So when i wanna reply, i will have to do it through web2sms, or not?

Might be a stupid question, but just to make sure

again, thanks for the fantastic app! keep the work up
Your message is only sent via web2sms if you really use the program. You can see your conversations in the conversations program but using it for answering will use your sim card provider. Since the telepathy gsm part is not opensource I don't think it's possible to hook in there

Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
could you plz post or send me your complete source?
I would like to see If I can integrate the missing o2 features.
...would be great to keep learning QT.
Feel free to do that, the sourcecode is available at the project page: https://garage.maemo.org/scm/?group_id=1464
You'll need a subversion client to download it. For developing you can use Visual Studio, the Qt SDK or Scratchbox SDK but NOT any Nokia Qt SDK. If you run into errors, comment out the python and webtexter plugin in the web2sms.pro file. Please have in mind that o2 germany is the oldest plugin and therefore not well written. It could be done with less code

Last edited by gri; 2010-09-13 at 20:12.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Cologne, Germany
Your message is only sent via web2sms if you really use the program. You can see your conversations in the conversations program but using it for answering will use your sim card provider. Since the telepathy gsm part is not opensource I don't think it's possible to hook in there
Well yes, this would be an excellent addition, i. e. to tweak Conversation to send SMS via web2sms. But the more important functionality, that is to see your sent messages in Conversation, is already there. Thanks gri a lot for this great program.

I have a couple of suggestions/issues concerning recipients:
- It should be possible to enter an one-time cell number. (I cannot write anything in the field right of "An:")
- It would be good to see the exact phone number the message is being sent to. If a contact has two cell numbers, it is not clear while typing the message in the main window, which number has been chosen in the address book window.
- Only contacts with a cell number should appear in the address book list.
- If I choose a contact with only a landline and no cell number, the program crashes.

Hey Gri,

I have a request for a option.
Would it be possible to make some option for automatic receiver selection in your application?
I use your application for example to send smsses to just 1 telephonenumber.
But now i have to select the receive from my contacts ofcourse. Not that its so much effort, but i was just wondering if it was possible to "pre-set" a receiver. So when i click on sending an sms, it automatic adds the number of my pre-set contact.

Thanks

Hello,

sorry for the delayed answer, I'm currently very busy with studying and my (side) job and don't even start my desktop machine regularly ...

Originally Posted by zok View Post
- It should be possible to enter an one-time cell number. (I cannot write anything in the field right of "An:")
Yep, it's disabled until the control really works as it should. I created a issue for it some time ago.

- It would be good to see the exact phone number the message is being sent to. If a contact has two cell numbers, it is not clear while typing the message in the main window, which number has been chosen in the address book window.
I just took over the look of the original conversations application which also hides the numbers. Your request goes along with the issue above (just added a comment). The options dialog on the main screen already has a option for that but it's disabled because it's not implemented.

- Only contacts with a cell number should appear in the address book list.
I'll check if I have any chance to filter the list. Issue placed.

- If I choose a contact with only a landline and no cell number, the program crashes.
Ohhh, I had this once but forgot to note it down .. issue.

Hey Gri,

I have a request for a option.
Would it be possible to make some option for automatic receiver selection in your application?
I use your application for example to send smsses to just 1 telephonenumber.
But now i have to select the receive from my contacts ofcourse. Not that its so much effort, but i was just wondering if it was possible to "pre-set" a receiver. So when i click on sending an sms, it automatic adds the number of my pre-set contact.

Thanks
Hmm, I don't like the idea with pre-set receivers but it would be the easiest solution, yes.
The other ways could be:
  • Adding commandline parameters for choosing the account and pre-set contacts and hope there's a desktop widget out there which supports executing commands. Even if there would be no such widget, these parameters could be set by changing (or creating a second) the .desktop file in the main menu.
  • Do a primitive telepathy integration to have "Send with Web2SMS" on a contact's detail page (no clue about that for now)
  • I forgot what I wanted to say ...

The Following User Says Thank You to gri For This Useful Post:
Hey Gri,

The new PR1.3 update ****ed your program up. Will you make it working with 1.3 also please (12voip.com)?
I cant be without your program XD.. really love it!

Hope you will update it soon
Thanks mate

Last edited by Jroeno; 2010-10-26 at 00:05.

Hey Gri,

The new PR1.3 update ****ed your program up. Will you make it working with 1.3 also please (12voip.com)?
I cant be without your program XD.. really love it!

Hope you will update it soon
Thanks mate
A rebuild fixes this. I already contacted the maemo team and hope they recompile the packages in the repositories.

Fixed, fantastic! thanks
again