My prediction:

Galaxy S III:
Android 4.0.2 ICS (with TouchWizz v5) - updatable to Android 5.0 JellyBean

4.5" SAMOLED HD
with 1280 x 720 resolution and Lotus Glass

1.5 GHz Exynos 4412 (32nm QuadCore A9)
1.5GB LPDDR2 (Dual Channel) and Mali T604
2,000mAh removable battery

12MP Rear Lens (face, smile detection, geotagging, panorama, dual led)
2MP Front-facing camera

32GB NAND with microSD slot (upto 64GB)
Wifi bgn, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
aGPS, compass, barometre
gyro, light sensor, proximity sensor

Updated styling (no Navi-buttons etc etc)
124 x 67 x 8.5 (mm)
110-125g
Optional HSPDA+ and LTE versions
Pricing: $200 USA, $900 Samsung, $700 International
Due (late) Q2 '12

I'm flattered

the only thing i like is the exynos processor. generic samsung design (nokia, htc and even sony are sexy, classy, and hip), samoled (screen burn-in), and android. i have an android device and the os really feels clunky and a mess compared to the other os of my devices...

Last edited by cloudstrife1ph; 2012-05-04 at 07:12.

Galaxy S3 has an amoled pentile display. On the N9's pentile display some eagle-eyed users were complaining how coarse it was although I can't for the life of me see what they were complaining about.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by tonypower88 View Post
I don't know why they are still using same super amold display and same 8MP camera with some enhancements ( supposed to be better if 12MP).

Bechmark tests shows the CPU of SGS3 overtakes HTC one X but I am still confused which is better espacially that I'm a gamer, Tigra 3 supports gaming more and shows more details and effects in some games.
I was pretty surprised by some of the early benchmark tests of the SIII beating the (Tegra 3) One X. They're both basically Quad-Core Cortex-A9s clocked at 1.4GHz, but I think some of the BrowserMark differences might be software optimisations in the SIII's browser.

The One X's Tegra 3 is 40nm and the SIII's Exynos 4 is 32nm, so it should be more energy efficient. Adding more intrigue to the efficiency question is the Tegra 3's extra low-power core which if utilised properly by the OS could save even more power.

As for graphics, it looks like the Exynos 4 quad-core Mali 400/MP4 GPU is definitely faster and more powerful than the Tegra 3 GPU. It even narrowly beats the iPhone 4S' SGX543MP2 (dual-core) GPU - the previous smartphone graphics benchmark.

But, if you want mobile gaming, I would definitely get a PS Vita... The hardware in that, a quad-core A9 CPU and quad-core SGX543MP4 GPU, blows everything else away right now. The only mobile device with similar graphics horsepower is the new iPad (3) which has a very similar GPU, but has to drive a much higher res screen reducing available resources for effects.

The fact the Vita doesn't have to bother running a resource intensive OS, providing most of the available power just for games, and allows developers to code directly to the hardware also gives it an edge in efficiency.

Plus, being a gamer myself, I have to add that you just can't beat a good pair of analogue sticks and old-fashioned buttons!

Last edited by Jerex; 2012-05-04 at 07:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jerex For This Useful Post: