Posts: 80 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Amazon UK has the tab listed for £599:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Gala...5266543&sr=8-2

It doesn't seem that expensive for a UK product, but it would be far too expensive for the North American audience.
If my memory serves me right the N97 and N900 were £500 at release and with vodafone I got them for free.

So if they turn around and ask for £50-£100 for the Tab with a contract then I think that wouldn't be too bad.

Of course, not everybody will agree with me!

The Following User Says Thank You to noal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I was waiting on the Tab, but went ahead and ordered the Archos 101 for $333 delivered from J&R Electronics.

1. 10" 1024X600 capacitive display
2. Froyo with Flash 10.1
3. 1ghz 3640 arm 8
4. 16gb built-in
5. microsd for more space
6. USB with FULL host function (reads thumb drives, powers external USB drives and game controllers work- if needed)
7. Full market for previous Archos Android device was easy to mod, so expected same for this line too.
8. At least $500 less than the Tab (total cost).

I already have an Android phone with "decent" size display (Incredible), so this will do great for book, comic and web browsing. Also, the game emulators will play better with a controller And I can USB tether using the Incredible.

Frankly, main issue is this device is $500 LESS than the Tab and the 8gb 7" version is $550 less (but has 800X480) display. Heck, I could buy the 10" and 7" together and still save over $300 to one Tab.

Why pay almost $1,000 for a device that will be old hat within a year anyways?
Does it really have access to the FULL market (compared to say NITDroid). Will it be receiving Gingerbread (3.0?) and how are the D LNA and HDMI capabilities?
Prognosis is good for full market, but not holding breath about Gingerbread. Not sure about hdmi or dlna.

For the price paid, main function is book, comic, web viewing, Flash and a simple device for my wife to check email and web. OK, games and emulators too

One caveat is if the app storage is only a few hundred megs. Even with apps2sd, less than 30 apps can fill that up. Examples are Flash, Google Earth and the game NOVA (nice Halo clone). Each takes 12 to 15 megs of device storage. NOVA also takes several hundred megs on micro sd.

I will cancel the order if the device has small device storage space. Still no confirmation what it has. My guess is I may end up canceling- I never expected Archos could be stupid enough to do this, so hoping wrong. Just found out about this chance of app space today......

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
It's available in my town. I think I might go and buy one tomorrow.
Please stop me. Tell me I am a fool throwing my cash out of the window for that gizmo with a closed os and no hardware keyboard. STOP ME!!!!..... Aaaargh!
Holy crap! Very, very nice, but it's really, really costly! I'm torn. I want to tell you to stop and save money, but I'm incredibly curious, and need some hands on love!

Aaaaargh!!!!

Here's the latest official video about the Tab:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbE26Cmcz_8

Nothing much, but it looks pretty nice!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Please stop me. Tell me I am a fool throwing my cash out of the window for that gizmo with a closed os and no hardware keyboard. STOP ME!!!!..... Aaaargh!
Stop you? You cannot be serious. Go for it my friend.

Relish the excitement of opening the box, revel in the thrill of ownership and come back and tell us how much you love it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rebski For This Useful Post:
Is this for real? Are you sure they really have it? May just be the flyer. Thought it was not going to be out for a while longer. Which country is this that is getting it so early?

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Is this for real? Are you sure they really have it? May just be the flyer. Thought it was not going to be out for a while longer. Which country is this that is getting it so early?
I think whoever the company is may have jumped the gun slightly!

I'm sure Amazon uk has it in for 1st November which will give me enough time to see how the Tab performs and how much support it receives until the new year when I can then get one!

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
*sniff*

I.. I love you, Samsung.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
*sniff*

I.. I love you, Samsung.
I would have loved them more if they had put DLNA into the seris 6 LED's.

I would have *loved* them if the Tab had active pen input!

Am I delusional? I see this as a killer feature as it begins to eliminate the need for paper. Digital, man. It's all about digital.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy