Active Topics

xxts +1

n900 is probably the most blind unfriendly deviuce due to the congifuration fiddling u have to do, all of which require sight

if u r blind u want something that works - u wont br ocing or coding

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
I have no idea how a blind person could use an N900... ... This thread is full of fail.
You are full of fail.

Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
You are full of fail.
How so? The N900 is a resistive touch screen device with a small keyboard and no accessibility features, the largest accessibility feature is eSpeak - and that is pretty much useless and under developed. Android would be much better for the blind.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
You have no idea how it could be made useful for the visually impaired, in the first page of the thread i posted a link to a bunch of ideas.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
How so? The N900 is a resistive touch screen device with a small keyboard and no accessibility features, the largest accessibility feature is eSpeak - and that is pretty much useless and under developed. Android would be much better for the blind.
Speaking without thinking must be something really important theses days. Andoid is even more built around touching (most of the android devices around have no keyboard at all !)

I second the suggestion of symbian. My e71 for example has a (built-in) application that actually speaks menus as you browse them. (at least the more important ones) also a no touchscreen qwerty device (or even number keypad with disabled t9) could proveto be much more useful - in that line you might want to check the e52, e72 and e5. I hope the app I'm talking about is still included with the newer symbians.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icebox For This Useful Post:
How about advanced-power on pr 1.3? After installing it I could no longer see my battery candle on the home screen.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
get an iPhone, that's obviously something for blind people not able to see s**t in front of them.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Nottingham
The iphone actually has built in features for the visually impaired:

check it out

The Following User Says Thank You to spoonbuddy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
yeah, that's what I said, get an iPhone. Personally though, I'm not blind, deaf, lame and above all, not dumb, that's why I got my N900.

Geez, trying to be funny on account of handicapped people here and then you get serious on me. It's so boring...there are no REAL mean people left in this world.
Maybe Stevie could market the iPhone from that angle, it's more honest I think. "If you're handicapped somehow, we got the phone just for you".

Last edited by Larswad; 2010-11-15 at 14:01.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Nottingham
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
yeah, that's what I said, get an iPhone. Personally though, I'm not blind, deaf, lame and above all, not dumb, that's why I got my N900.

Geez, trying to be funny on account of handicapped people here and then you get serious on me. It's so boring...there are no REAL mean people left in this world.
Maybe Stevie could market the iPhone from that angle, it's more honest I think. "If you're handicapped somehow, we got the phone just for you".
You may not be blind, deaf, lame or dumb so what is your excuse for being a complete knob? Someone has to put down iphones in nearly every thread and it is becoming somewhat tiresome especially when there is no real justification for it. So grow up and think before you type!

Mean enough for you?

Tags
accessibility, blind