Active Topics

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
If I put it in that one, I'll be covering up the Star Trek insignia, and that would totally cancel out all the geek cred I got buying the N900 in the first place!

Not cool!
hey Descalzo ! you know anyone who wants to buy a hardly used Star Trek insignia to stick on their car dash ? look really kool

I've received the Brodit Active mount but had to return it twice.

Whenever I slide the phone in it turns off.

Has anybody else experienced this fault?

Twim

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Bought a ground loop isolator. Works a treat. However i have read that these can cause a loss of sound quality. To early to tell if this is the case, will do some listening tests tomorrow. Beats the unlistenable fuz and hum.
Further feedback. WIth the ground loop isolator in place I cannot detect a decrease in sound quality. Given the acoustics or the average family saloon, the quality of MP3s and then the Car Audio Equipment used (high end Sony), it would be quite hard to detect any change anyway.

It makes the N900 a great in car audio device for me. Also I can use it to amplify the Sygic Sat nav, and by swithcing sources on my head unit I can instantly silence the Sygic commands

So couple the N900, Brodit mount and and Aux in socket on your Head unit and you have a great solution for those without Bluetooth A2DP.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
I bought a Ground Loop Isolator (PAC SNI-1/3.5) from eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ground-Loop-Is...item5192101f6b). There are a couple of UK sellers, but I didn't want to go through the whole registration process for a webstore I'll probably never use again. Delivery from US to UK took 2 weeks.

Using it produced instant results: clear sound with no noticable drop in quality. Would recommend one to anyone having this problem.

Hi, got a question here,
I need a car mount that has these feature :
- FM transmitter with good quality, OR FM signal booster, because N900 already got its own FM transmitter
- Car Charger
- Rotatable
And most importantly, suit my Honda Jazz' Lighter postition :

As you can see, the lighter is positioned too deep below the audio,

I'm considering this one :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170449670588

But i'm not sure if it would suit the lighter position in my car, i'm worried that it might get in the gear's way..

Could anyone give me a good recommendations?
thanks.

I've installed the Brodit N900 mount hard cabled to my '00 BMW E38 740i. I'm using a Ventev Soundclip to get the audio to my factory system via A2DP.

I use the N900 dedicated for the car, I don't often take it out of the mount.

All is well except the circuitry in-line on the Brodit charging cabling seems to gradually decrease the voltage slowly on car power off. The N900 never detects that it has stopped charging, and will drain its battery overnight if I leave it plugged into the cradle. I have to slide it an inch to the right in the cradle to unplug it from the MicroUSB every time I get out of the car.

Anyone else seen this behavior with the Brodit N900 mount and charger?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by maysys View Post
I don't often take it out of the mount.

Anyone else seen this behavior with the Brodit N900 mount and charger?
:O
Wow you must live miles from civilisation. If I left my N900 in my car for 30mins it would be gone as would one of my car windows. Despite all else I use my N900 way to much to leave it in the car overnight. I can't vouch for the Brodit active mount and its charging capability but the Nokia car charger is patheric. Even on a long drive I think it barely adds to the charge of the N900 and just about stops natual battery drain. I would love to find a car charger that charges at the rate of the dektop one.

Originally Posted by deny_winarto View Post
Hi, got a question here,
I need a car mount that has these feature :
- FM transmitter with good quality, OR FM signal booster, because N900 already got its own FM transmitter
- Car Charger
- Rotatable
And most importantly, suit my Honda Jazz' Lighter postition :
I coul only recommend the brodit and a dedicated Honda Jazz proclip add on.

As for using the FM transmitter. There are some things to consider. If you are not getting good results you can intal FM booster. This helps quite a bit.

HOWEVER, you will not be able to charge the N900 AND use the FM transmitter. The level of charger and ignition noise transmitted made it useless for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
@Twim
No problem here using brodit active mount. Works perfect and I use it daily. The only thing is that sometime it enters like a little forced because of the volume button but not a big issue.

Anyone thought about taking a dremel to the brodit mount so that the power button is accessible while cradled? Anyone done it successfully?

Tags
n900 carkit mount