Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
2 ports come with US plug, already searched for this one. I don't like this plastic connectors from US to EU plug.
The big one, I will probably buy for the home. What I don't like here, they don't write what output for each port. They wrote for iPhone, for iPad, for Android tab etc... How I should to know which port I need to use for my Jolla tablet (5V-2.0), for Samsung Tab S(5V-2.0), for Jolla phone (5V-1.0), for OnePlus One (5V-2.1) ?
This numbers I wrote from original charges of this devices...

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
buy 5 ports then. it's awesome quality

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
buy 5 ports then. it's awesome quality
Yes, this what I want for the home, but like I wrote above, I don't understand which device put to which port ? They don't wrote outputs for ports... How to understand where I will put jolla phone and where Jolla tablet?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I suspect all the ports are identical and they label them for idiots who want to know what to plug in where.

right. all are identical. it's intellectual charger

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Pichlo, Coderus - you want to say that this box will automatically detect your phone, tablet etc and will provide exactly needed A ? 2.0, 2.1 or for the jolla phone 1.0A

yes it will detect device hungry automatically

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
The rated current is the maximum. The device - a phone, a tablet, a USB light, whatever - takes as much as it is rated or less. In other words, the real current will be the smaller of the two: the maximum rating of the power source or the maximum drain of the load. If the source says it can provide 8A, it does not mean it will push 8A to a device that can take only 2A; it will provide only as much as the device takes. I hope I made it clear enough.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Pichlo, Coderus - you want to say that this box will automatically detect your phone, tablet etc and will provide exactly needed A ? 2.0, 2.1 or for the jolla phone 1.0A
I believe that each will give 2.0 A.
But that is irrelevant. Your tablet/phone is the one that PULLS current from charger. The only difference if your charger is 1A and tablet is 2A that it will charge twice longer.
I'm charging all my phones with 2.1A charger for years because they charge faster. But you can charge your tablet even with 500mA charger. What you can't do is use a device that consumes more power than charger can provide because at the end your battery will run out.
Electronics that actually regulate charging is inside the device, charger is just a source but phone/tablet regulates charging.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Coderus, Pichlo, Kinggo, thanks for answer! Now it clear and understandable
Thanks!

Tags
jolla tablet, phone charger