Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by ZioBilly View Post
1 shut down
2 hold volume down
3 press power on
4 plug the usb
[5]sudo /sbin/ifconfig -a
Thank you for posting this (and anyone else who might have already before, I haven't had time to read the full thread).

I managed to recover from a bootloop using the [edited] steps 1-5 to find the interface name for my Jolla. OpenSUSE 13.1 uses systemd which issues unique interface names, so my Jolla had an interface name of enp4s0u1

Then Step 6.
sudo /sbin/ifconfig enp4s0u1 192.168.2.14 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
telnet 192.168.2.15

allowed me to choose option 5 to use the btrfs recovery option.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
FINALLY after weeks Jolla(or more exact optima service) now has received my bootloop Jolla. Now lets see how many weeks it atke before I get it back

Atleast I have SailfishOS on my N9.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
FINALLY after weeks Jolla(or more exact optima service) now has received my bootloop Jolla. Now lets see how many weeks it atke before I get it back

Atleast I have SailfishOS on my N9.
So still people with bootloops and recover is no help? Slow responses from jolla care and $ for shipment to Finland for repair makes it even better P:

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Zoetermeer - Netherlands
My Jolla also was in a boot loop. Option 5, repair btrfs worked.

I don't know exactly why the device was in a bootloop. I tried to stop my bluetooth leaving my car. At the same time wifi tried to connect at a known network from a friend. When I was inside the house I tried again to stop bluetooth. The bluetooth 'light' in settings kept blinking. Then my Jolla didn't react anymore. Power down and power up resulted in a boot loop.

The Following User Says Thank You to madmax For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
This happened to me first time now, my Jolla went to boot loop pretty suddenly even as I had just yesterday boasted on it's robustness and my usual uptimes of more than 10 days

Using the "5) Try btrfs recovery if your device is in bootloop" fixed my device, nice

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
My Jolla went into a boot-loop today

This happened when I manually disconnected the wifi and connected the mobile network. The Jolla logo appeared every 10 sec. (no red led blinking).

As soon as I lifted the back cover to remove the battery, the boot-loop immediately stopped and the phone booted normally.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post: