Notices

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Any chance it can handle *.Tivo files? Tivo slaps on some header info and changes the extension from .MPEG. I use a program called 'Direct show Dump' to strip it back down to Mpeg, then run through Nokia's Encoder.

I assume I can run it in puppy Linux, It will just take more time to figure out than I am willing to put into it this month. I don't know Linux well (where files come from and go). I'll give it a try, but don't know when.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Could you point me to a .tivo file you think is representative ? Basically, if ffmpeg or mplayer (the www.mplayerhq.hu one, not the windows media player) can read it, you should be OK.

Also, don't worry about the linux thing. I managed to dig up an old copy of XP that came with my laptop which I can use in an emulator - and that should be enough for at least the packaging part. So that's linux+windows support at release. Mac packaging volunteers needed !

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Question: I'm still new so please forgive this question if it sounds crazy. But is there a way to do all the converting on the Nokia N900. Reason being I downloaded a bit torrent and wasn't able to play it as the media player didn't support the file, so wondering if this program would allow to take the downloaded file on my N900 and convert on the N900 so I wouldn't have to use my laptop at all. I'm trying my best to get rid of my laptop, haha. Now only if the N900 could directly connect to my external hard drive and cd burner that would be the icing on the cake to really be close to get rid of the laptop.