I found out what caused the problem with my n9. I tried to share a picture through Epic Fail app (from Ovi store). The sharing wen't ok, but the picture didn't actually get shared in my timeline.

After this the facebook online status has been stuck in "account in use" everytime I try to go online. The app works otherwise normally.

Haven't found yet the solution how to get the facebook-sync work again. Something to do with Nokia servers and sharing maybe.

Originally Posted by Jeipii View Post
I found out what caused the problem with my n9. I tried to share a picture through Epic Fail app (from Ovi store). The sharing wen't ok, but the picture didn't actually get shared in my timeline.

After this the facebook online status has been stuck in "account in use" everytime I try to go online. The app works otherwise normally.

Haven't found yet the solution how to get the facebook-sync work again. Something to do with Nokia servers and sharing maybe.
i think you are right buddy, now i can not login to facebook chat on no third party app. Nokia need to fix it!

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ India
Even I have the same problem. Unable to use chat as as it says network error and fb contacts never gets synced.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Halemba
Hi! Sorry for intercept this thread. I have problem with facebook too ;-)
My Facebook Account does not fully sync with my phone
I can send message them through Facebook app but those contacts does not appear in Contacts app (many are shown, but few (the newer ones)are not displayed )
It's quite annoying And now even some contacts does not appear even in Facebook App

Edit:
SOLVED!
Just needed to remove and add again facebook acc

Last edited by WallAR; 2012-11-29 at 21:40.

Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
You could try this as root in xterm one line at a time, it's a fix from nitdroid forum as installing nitdroid brakes facebook and mail accounts.

rm -rf /home/user/.accounts
rm -rf /home/user/.activesync
rm -rf /home/user/.aegis

After doing it reboot and setup your accounts again.

Regards Dousan...
Solved with these commands!

I cant see my facebook contacts and when i try to be online it always says account in use. please help me

i think no one can fix this issue but NOKIA or FACEBOOK bc the problem come from when you share something from any ovi app widget to facebook, even the upload complete but it doesnt go through in fact and then after that, your facebook chat account get stuck in account is in use.
You guys can make a new facebook account, then try to login with your nokia n9, it will work. Then go offline, then try to share something from an ovi app widget. After that, try to get online again, you will get account is in use.

Originally Posted by cuteshark View Post
i think no one can fix this issue but NOKIA or FACEBOOK bc the problem come from when you share something from any ovi app widget to facebook, even the upload complete but it doesnt go through in fact and then after that, your facebook chat account get stuck in account is in use.
You guys can make a new facebook account, then try to login with your nokia n9, it will work. Then go offline, then try to share something from an ovi app widget. After that, try to get online again, you will get account is in use.
So what can we do finally about this issue is there anyway to solve this problem because i would like to use facebook chat and N9 is causing lots of problms.

Originally Posted by niks666 View Post
So what can we do finally about this issue is there anyway to solve this problem because i would like to use facebook chat and N9 is causing lots of problms.
We could try to send e-mail/request support from Facebook or try to contact Nokia about this bug, though I doubt that Nokia would do anything because as far as I know they're not supporting N9 anymore :\

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Mumbai,India
Hi All,
This is caused because your facebook account goes into a deadlock condition because of its inbuilt (crappy) security feature. It sees that you have logged in to facebook via two mobile clients simultaneously (in this case your inbuilt fb client & the ovi app), and restricts login to facebook via any mobile client temporarily (in our case permanently ).Facebook says you need to do a normal web login if you come through this problem and it will auto unlock the mobile client login in the process. This so called "unlock process" does not happen sometimes. Or may be the system disables the mobile client login permanently in a random fashion. I have reported to facebook like 10 times but no revert. They dont have a dedicated support email DL to attend for tech issues.
This aint nokia's problem because it works if u try to login with someone else's account.