Active Topics

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Anyone else lost the Google Play icon? It was there yesterday. I received some updates from Google last night on my Nexus 7, and now I've noticed that today the Google Play icon is no longer present on my Jolla - wonder if the Google updates somehow took out the Google Play icon on the Jolla? Not strictly a Jolla "bug" as it's not supported, but thought I'd ask.

Edit: Re-installed Google Play store, seems to be working OK again... will keep a link to the apk handy if it happens again!

Last edited by Milhouse; 2013-12-19 at 14:46.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Anyone else lost the Google Play icon? It was there yesterday. I received some updates from Google last night on my Nexus 7, and now I've noticed that today the Google Play icon is no longer present on my Jolla - wonder if the Google updates somehow took out the Google Play icon on the Jolla? Not strictly a Jolla "bug" as it's not supported, but thought I'd ask.

Edit: Re-installed Google Play store, seems to be working OK again... will keep a link to the apk handy if it happens again!
Yep, I had the same thing happen. And, like you, reinstalling from the relevant apk worked fine.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
There is peak and off-peak for Exchange accounts (although not sure it's actually working yet!)
I don't use Exchange (un)fortunately.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Hmm... I think the system settings would need an additional switch to enable/disable either change of ambience based on TOH detection or perhaps even disable detection of TOH altogether: I had the white TOH but background set to one of the pictures saved on the device and I removed for a moment the TOH (just to peek inside), and when I placed the TOH back... bzzzt... it automatically set ambience to the whitish TheFirstOne. Sgrunt!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
It's not the solution you want, but as a workaround, if you 'favourite' your ambience from the gallery, you can then swipe sideways from the lockscreen and quickly reselect your own ambience.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:

i noticed this when upgrading android apps, they disappear from menu however on reboot they are back again. it is a new BUG i guess

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany
I can't change the ringtone - as an early supporter I get the "the first one" ambience. Has anyone the same problem? After installing the option to change the ringtone does not work anymore

Last edited by Lirion; 2013-12-19 at 20:06.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I AM a developer. It's not freaking rocket science, Mike. I didn't use that term lightly, but it's not likely to be the most onerous of changes.
Since when did I say its rocket science? If you are a pro developer you should know that stuff always takes longer than expected. Just take an example the alarm bug in sailfishos. Now thats something that is not rocket science but it still is a bug for atleast users in UK AFAIK.

Btw. talk about time on development. Its very different doing it as emplyed than doing it as a "hobby/free time" because then you often don't lock at your watch how much time you actually use for implement something probadly its because it something you think is fun to fix. Atleast thats how I work as unpaid or paid.

But when doing it as payed you must choose the most important or else you bosses and endusers get angry. Maybe above is something that most users want but I personally doubt. Thats why I say there is more important stuff to fix first IMHO...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-19 at 20:28.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
While I agree that MMS usage is not so common (at least in the current market targeted by Jolla), I don't think it's something that should be left to the community.
Testing MMS support is long and it can be expensive process if you don't have your own BTS and 'private' GSM testing network (which Jolla guys certainly have).
Thats exactly why this should be done by the community. Jolla has to few resources to fokus on stuff that, my guess is very few will use.

Its very simple math. Most people want to pay 400EUR for a phone if stuff that I and most people want does not work or is buggy

Just give a list what really is important, stuff that probadly will take alot of resources from Jolla already:

* Landscape mode in browser and other improvement such as a better font...
* Qt5.2 support so developers can start user sensor API etc..
* More approved libs in Harbour (also need testing)
* PyOtherside support
* More improvement in email
* UI improvements.
* Better twitter feed client or atleast some kind of API to start a external thirdparty clients(tweetian, instead of start browser when click on feed element?)
* Camera improvements (autofocus/ move focus point etc...)
* Infra for community annonced today
* Contonued shipment
* Marketing

List can go on before MMS is prioritized. However I can be wrong maybe most people use MMS? But I have not ever sent any since tit was announced hmm ten years ago...?

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-19 at 21:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Bug 7. Problems with Exchange
Q: Exchange server policy requests (e.g. to enforce a device lock) are seemingly rejected (or probably just silently ignored), ignoring policy is set in settings (and that setting is not changeable).

A:

Q: Email sync with true Exchange server is glitchy, calendar sync is almost fully broken and contacts sync doesn't work (again - N900 and N9 work fine with same server).

A: Provisioning server policy is not supported in this first version, are the problems with contacts and calendar with a server enforcing provisioning ? can you explain better what happens?

Q: That's Nokia (managed by MS) Exchange server, config on it stays the same for the last 5 years or so.
When I add Exchange account, I keep the default of syncing emails, contacts and calendar. Emails are synced, at least from time to time, though there are frequent complaints about inability to sync. Not a single contact from Exchange is added to People. And in Calendar some random events do appear, and those that do - are added from 3 to 5 times. Is this clear enough?

A:

Q: Impossible to delete emails for Exchange mailbox - delete command starts but e-mail stays.

A1: Any conditions to reproduce that ? I can delete emails from my inbox, mails then are still available in the "delete items" folder, if you delete from there they will be gone.
Note that the client supports offline actions, so if you are not online email will disappear from the UI but not in server side until a sync is done and client changes are exported.

A2: This might be Exchange server version or just email message specific problem.
For a reference on Zimbra 8.0.5 backend deletion of emails does work (at least so far). Zimbra server reports activesync protocol version 12.1 for Sailfish OS client, which is quite old. It could be that your server is using newer or older version of protocol depending on the version of Exchange.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchan...ctiveSync_12.1

A3: If server supports version 12, we use that one since the implementation is complete for the main features, support for version 14 is preliminary, but basic cases should work fine.
Is there any clarity on proper Exchange support? I can not make my Jolla work with my Exchange server from work. I guess primarily because of Exchange server policy requests, which are in effect in our company, requiring you to lock your device with a passcode before you can use Exchange.
I've tried several installations, resets, updates but none of them work. I get a verified Exchange configuration setup but then the Email client for Exchange just says 'Updating..." and no emails are appearing.
Any solutions for this?