Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Well, I'm using filter-brightness-simple with PR1.1 and I have no issues with the lock screen etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Thanks, that encouraged me to try again filter-brightness-simple. No problems this time.

EDIT: Nope, reported too early. After a while (longer time no usage) blank screen happened again. I have to go back to filter-brightness-als. That sucks.

Noticed also that there were new mce.ini in /etc/mce directory, mce.ini.dpkg-dist. I suppose this is a new one which has not been taken into use because old mce.ini was edited. Can anyone confirm, I don't remember whether that was there already before PR update.

I took that one into use, it seems to contain different color profiles.

Last edited by sconf; 2011-11-12 at 10:00.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
im using filter-brightness-simple, no probs

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
where is the arrow key in virtual keyboard...I cant find it

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Rosice, Czech Republic
NIce, all I need now is a brightness applet. Just like the one on N900. Is anyone working on that?

Can someone please post complete instructions (step by step) for noobies like me I've downloaded Nano app and got to the needed directory (etc/mce/mce.ini), but I can't figure out how to use arrow keys to navigate to the part of code that needs to be changed. When I hit the arrow (< >) keys, it just inserts "<" or ">" instead of moving through code.

Please, help!

I'm on PR 1.0

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sconf View Post
After a while (longer time no usage) blank screen happened again. I have to go back to filter-brightness-als. That sucks.
I have the filter-brightness-simple now working, at least most of the time. Every now and then I get the black screen effect when double-tapping the lock screen (once in couple of weeks or so).

If you want to see the effect, do

echo 0 > /sys/devices/omapdss/display0/backlight/display0/brightness

To get screen back "echo 7 >...". When my screen suddenly turns black, something has written 0 there. Don't know what triggers that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sconf For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^ If it's reproducible.....
Or you have a rough idea under what circumstances it's likely to appear, make sure you report it.
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/
Check that it hasn't already been reported first of course.

If you get enough people watching the bug & voting, & Nokia devs can identify root cause/s thanks to good feedback.
Then it's likely to be rectified for 1.2, 1.3, or 1.4 (if that happens).

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-28 at 03:08.

Hi everyone, just get my nokia N9 today and after setting up everything, this topic actually the last thing i would like to enquire about.

I am a very low educated on scripting or develope person and seems having very hard time to understand about all this.

I manage to turn on the developer mode and typing on terminal(handset)

devel-su
rootme

and that is the furthest i could go and i don't know what's the next step.

my question is:
1. is there any platform or software i need to install for my laptop?
2. is it possible anyone could show step by step so is easy for a noob like me could follow it?

Hope there's someone who can help me about this as really irritating that the light been dim everytimes in low light conditions.

Awaiting soonest reply. Thank you.

Rgds,
David Lee (The noobies)