Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I am sorry but i can not agree with you on this one texrat and as much as i respect you i still say there is one rule for the "friends" of moderators and another for outsiders of that "circle".
Repeating a lie doesn't make it true. There is no favoritism, period.

What we really need is more powerful forum software. I've glanced at the built-in vBulletin functionality and it doesn't have the right tools for members to properly separate themselves from the likes of an abill_uk. Maybe in the next few weeks I'll make a server-side software-change proposal that will end these kind of debates once and for all. Then a member could put abill_uk in their own virtual padded cell if he or she chooses to. The moderation could decrease by an order of magnitude, and this would be in Nokia's, the council's and the community's best interest.

So, ysss, stay where you are; abill_uk, be quiet until we get the software in place.

Last edited by daperl; 2011-08-05 at 15:10.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Your task for the day: think about that frequently.

As another poster said elsewhere, it does indeed take two to tango.
As a finall word on this can i please point out the fact that the person who makes the move for an argument is the person who starts the problem after a comment made by another BUT if it carries on then the "two to tango" involves another person and it is not fair you reprimand one and not the other.

This is what i am on about here as favouratism among mods, there is no honor in this whatsoever and makes the mods look biased.

I have often said of you to be a very good mod and an example to follow but please give some ground here at least, it is not all my doing after all.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
What we really need is more powerful forum software. I've glanced at the built-in vBulletin functionality and it doesn't have the right tools for members to properly separate themselves from the likes of an abill_uk. Maybe in the next few weeks I'll make a server-side software-change proposal that will end these kind of debates once and for all. Then a member could put abill_uk in their own virtual padded cell if he or she chooses to. The moderation could decrease by an order of magnitude, and this would be in Nokia's, the council's and the community's best interest.

So, ysss, stay where you are; abill_uk, be quiet until we get the software in place.
What is talent like you doing on here? you should be in charge of a group of prisons !.

PS please tell that girl to do her roots will you as they look hiduous she would look much more beautiful if she did.

What is talent like you doing on here? you should be in charge of a group of prisons !.

PS please tell that girl to do her roots will you as they look hiduous she would look much more beautiful if she did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vnjQ...yer_detailpage
¦-)

which takes care of that too ¦-)))))

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@daperl: great! how do you plan to do that? don't forget 'leakage' via post quotings
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Maybe in the next few weeks I'll make a server-side software-change proposal that will end these kind of debates once and for all.... this would be in Nokia's, the council's and the community's best interest.
agreed. Be sure to throw up a donate button for that, I'd hit it!

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
yes ok you know it all so let us just leave it at that ok.
I post sporadically on these boards, but I visit almost every day.

abill_uk..... I think you have made useful contributions. I think it's your british wit that doesn't translate to print very well (like the quote above) I've had had differences of opinion with other members like ysss and pradabada, I usually make an incredibly intelligent and inciteful post or two and then let the fellow members sort it out. Sometimes I feel like I want to have an "IM" type discussion on the forum but that's when I realize that maybe I should cool off and wait a while before responding....... or take it to PM.

I know there are no winners on the forums or the internet.

I've been a moderator on various forums and every time you apply rules, the inbox lights up! It isn't all praise, you can never make everyone happy.

It's not all about you, me, ysss or anybody. It's not about right or wrong, it's the internet for crying out loud!

It's about the journey, kinda like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, you have to enjoy the good stuff, avoid the bad stuff and brush your teeth regularly.

Pretty existential huh?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@daperl: great! how do you plan to do that? don't forget 'leakage' via post quotings
That's what I was thinking as well

With abill_uk it's not so much leakage than a overflowing tide of noise. My ignore list is empty again. No point in trying to ignore. His antics cause such strong reaction that all I get is flow of angry quotes between blocked messages. Can just as easily just stop reading threads afte abill's first message.

Maybe forum software that would allow option to ignore whole threads, if they have messages from people on ignore. I would actually like something like that.

Originally Posted by zoner View Post
Be sure to throw up a donate button for that, I'd hit it!
Ditto.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Think bigger: Total Disappearance. And as a quick example of the reach, imagine if Good Member A were to quote Troll Member T from Good Member B's troll list. If so configured, Good Member A could see that his post AND ITS TIMESTAMP were ignored by another member. And, if Good Member A chose to do so, they could could investigate further, but only as far as their and other's privileges would allow.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the basic picture. It could be very powerful, very simple, and very configurable.

Tags
bizarro world, give it up, off site, tmo gone wild, tools mingling, trolling trolls, unbelievable, vanity thread, winding down