Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
I've had my Jolla here in Perth since 24th December . Was a bit of a mission getting it shipped on from the UK.

I've been using it as my primary phone on Virgin Mobile (Optus). Everything works great, just had to manually configure the access point before 3G data worked.
How did you arrange to pay for it and how did you arrange to get it shipped from UK to Oz?

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Originally Posted by eachna View Post
How did you arrange to pay for it and how did you arrange to get it shipped from UK to Oz?
My family are in the UK, so I placed an order and had it delivered to them. I paid with my Australian credit card.

DHL were a bit of a pain though - my Dad paid extra for the 3 day delivery, and they didn't collect it. He had to drop it off at the warehouse. Then it took 5 days, and they didn't process the address correctly. Then they lost it . It was finally found and delivered by one of the staff on their way home on Christmas Eve. But I got it in the end!

The Following User Says Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
useless pricks, lucky you got it

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
My family are in the UK, so I placed an order and had it delivered to them. I paid with my Australian credit card.

DHL were a bit of a pain though - my Dad paid extra for the 3 day delivery, and they didn't collect it. He had to drop it off at the warehouse. Then it took 5 days, and they didn't process the address correctly. Then they lost it . It was finally found and delivered by one of the staff on their way home on Christmas Eve. But I got it in the end!
Sounds stressful. I'm glad to hear you got it and it arrived on Christmas Eve no less! It's nice to hear at least one person put in a little extra effort .

Anyone know of a way to order the phone (legally, without relatives) and have it shipped outside of Europe (Australia in my case but I'm sure Americans would be interested as well) without having a European mailing address?

Edit: ...and with the EU consumer warranty/protection still applying if shipped back to Europe for repairs?.

The Following User Says Thank You to eachna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
You could try one of the package frowarding services, like Bongo or Skybox. At least bongo seems to deliver to Australia.

https://bongous.com/service.php
http://www.skybox.net/howtoshop.aspx

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
You could try one of the package frowarding services, like Bongo or Skybox. At least bongo seems to deliver to Australia.

https://bongous.com/service.php
http://www.skybox.net/howtoshop.aspx
Thank you so much. I will .

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by eachna View Post
Thank you so much. I will .
Would love to know cost and times etc if you so use them?
As I'm also planning at some stage to get a Jolla

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
jolla shmolla!

Pity there isn't a mail forwarding service in Switzerland, as that way we wouldn't pay tax!

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Pity there isn't a mail forwarding service in Switzerland, as that way we wouldn't pay tax!
You still pay taxes in Switzerland, but they're quiet lower. Plus customs often charge a small fee for just "checking" the parcel. I don't think you can get those taxes refunded if you send the parcel back outside the country (as a private person). I'd have to look that up or maybe someone knows it.

Switzerland is extremely strict with Lithium batteries (you have NO chance to send it via postal service and their international partners, as the ministry doesn't allow it. Exception: If the battery is in the device).

It might be possible though with FedEx and co. as I was told. Unfortunately I also don't know about a mail forwarding company around here.

Tags
australia, jolla phone