Notices

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
I agree with Estel_ it would be nice to have something like to probe all networkcells and display info about them. Sort of promiscius mode/kismet like for celltowers only.

However I am well aware theres many closed / not documented stuff on this subject, too bad Anyway thanks for this program, Ade

Also, it reminds me of this application for s60/symbian:
http://www.patrickfrei.ch/phonetinfo/index.html
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Last edited by mr_pingu; 2013-02-21 at 22:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
New version in the opening post, which deals with improving the progress bar while scanning networks.

If I am going to work on it more, refreshing to displayed information will be the focus.

P.s. some more screenshots (and info if you can read russian ) can be found here: http://linuxcenter.kz/page/cellnet-i...emo-nokia-n900

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
P.s. some more screenshots (and info if you can read russian ) can be found here: http://linuxcenter.kz/page/cellnet-i...emo-nokia-n900
It I on linuxcenter.kz have made news to russian-speaking users (I hope you not against?).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tiran For This Useful Post:
Version 0.0.1-2 now to be found in the openingspost.

This time most values displayed will be updated when they change (signal strength, operator, cell-id etc).

As soon as the display is off, changed signal receiving is turned off. This could mean a little battery saving, but also a not 100% accurate state display just after the screen is turned on again.

Going through the sources of Netmon was very helpful for me, so thanks to Spag for creating this program.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by ade View Post
As soon as the display is off, changed signal receiving is turned off. This could mean a little battery saving, but also a not 100% accurate state display just after the screen is turned on again.
Quick reply...
Good. It's the same with the time displayed in hildon-status-bar: it doesn't update itself when the screen is off.
Best wishes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
As the autobuilder is working again: the latest version is now available in extras-devel.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Can it be used to automate the n900? Lyk invoking actions when it enters specific cells

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
We have other package for that (actions, when it enters specific cell[s])
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Version 0.0.1-3 is send to extras-devel.

A short explanation on the latest change:
Choosing "Current cellular info" will show extra information if an internet connection is present. It will search and display the geographic coordinates of the celltower found on opencellid.org. These coordinates are then used to find and display the postal location of the celltower (using maps.googleapis.com data). The info should be updated if the cellid changes.

I don't know how thorough the opencellid.org databases is, but it is way to big to store locally on the phone

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hey ade,
thanks for that little nice feature.
Not yet updated, so question in advance: is it possible to select/deselect that internet access in settings?
If not, I would like to ask for this? (I do not like to spread my coordinates througout the internet without knowing)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
cellular