when i call someone on my n900 and this person i'm trying to call is waiting with someone my n900 don't tell me that the call is waiting !!! why ???

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
i'll not be able to help anyone here, but i'm curious (and don't understand): what do you mean by "waiting" in this context? is this a non-standard network feature? a device feature? in other words: what would you *expect* the n900 to do? (i got interested because i see this question being asked more than once now and i have no clue what people are talking about.)

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
i'll not be able to help anyone here, but i'm curious (and don't understand): what do you mean by "waiting" in this context? is this a non-standard network feature? a device feature? in other words: what would you *expect* the n900 to do? (i got interested because i see this question being asked more than once now and i have no clue what people are talking about.)

i am not sure if i understand that either, but what i think you refering to is a network feature for example if you call some one who has verizon, and that person is talking to someone, you hear a tone like you have a tone from call waiting.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I've never heard of call waiting being 'shown' in some ways to the other caller...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
@benny1967 he would mean call waiting the network feature i presume as i haven't seen anything else on the phone? not sure how the phone could manage it otherwise as you're limited to 1 concurrent call without call waiting.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

heyy i mean (when you are trying to call someone and this person is on a call with another one your mobile tell you that this person is in a call waiting with someone) my n73 and all the mobile phone i used before tell me this .... but why the n900 don't tell me this ..... the n900 missed many features !!!!

some of the nokia phones showed on their display that you call was on waiting, i.e. the person you had called was already on a call. i believe it is a network feature and possibly a phone feature too but havent been able to test it yet on n900...

Sounds like yet another feature the phone app is missing.
Can't say if I have ever seen this feature on the N900. Also if you are the one on a call and someone else calls you, do you get the beep in your ear to tell you someone else is trying to call you.

i think there is no sound but when someone call me and i'm waiting with another one the mobile tell me this on the screen that there is someone on waiting

really i miss this feature :@ really really n900 missed many many many things