Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
So quick

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Stuttgart, Germany
Congratulations tanago! Having a deb which is built through cmake is really good, because autotools are deprecated by the navit team and will eventually not work anymore.

I was busy with other issue, but sup is right, I never got a navit deb working with cmake, so I cannot be a big help :-)

The icons build works on the x86 target of scratchbox not on arm for me. Therefore I build the navit-data... package on the x86 target. Since it is by definition architecture independet it works also for arm then at the end. My build scripts do that basically automatically (see my earlier post).

If you manage to build the icons on the arm target, then it should be possible to upload navit to the maemo.org repositories. But nobody managed to do that in the past three years, I think. A workaround could be to copy the icons in the debian dir....

BTW, I did my monthly navit built run, the new version is on bokomoko.de.

Enjoy
Rainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
So quick
You call that quick ? It was ~ 1 week of struggles to make a deb

Originally Posted by rdorsch View Post
Congratulations tanago! Having a deb which is built through cmake is really good...
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
Now I got to make a transition from autotools to cmake but there is a time for that
I built it through autotools. But still we have to talk about how can we make changes to the building options (what to enable, what to disable)

But still we have to talk about how can we make changes to the building options (what to enable, what to disable)
Have a look in the debian/rules file :-)

and do you know why my build doesn't have a menu icon and when I run it from menu it crashes but when run from the terminal it doesnt crash? I've used your script so you must have changed something to have a menu icon and to be able to run it from the menu...

Hmm....I do not do anything special, just run the script (and enter 5 times my gpg passkey because I did not manage to setup gpg-agent within scratchbox).

Where does the debian dir come from you started with? Did you do "apt-get source navit" from bokomoko.de sources?

Hmm....I do not do anything special, just run the script (and enter 5 times my gpg passkey because I did not manage to setup gpg-agent within scratchbox).
I have removed some parts from your script like :'check for ssh-key'; 'upload x86 build to bokomoko'; 'update armel changes file'; 'upload armel build to bokomoko'

so it doens't ask me for gpg-key
Where does the debian dir come from you started with? Did you do "apt-get source navit" from bokomoko.de sources?
I downloaded the source but I'm using debian dir from bokomoko.de/~rd/Navit/navit-debian-dir should I use the one from sources?

I downloaded the source but I'm using debian dir from bokomoko.de/~rd/Navit/navit-debian-dir should I use the one from sources?
I suggest to use the latest one from that maemo package, I built. The one you are using is almost two years old. I cannot promise though if that solves your problem....

I suggest to use the latest one from that maemo package, I built. The one you are using is almost two years old. I cannot promise though if that solves your problem....
I just built the latest (2-3 hours) 5428 svnversion with autotools and the debian dir from your package and it worked on my phone without any problems(I havent built FREMANTLE_X86 version navit, so my navit-data builds under FREMANTLE_ARMEL), now I'm trying to build it with cmake.

Last edited by tanago; 2013-04-06 at 13:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Well...I managed to build navit through cmake!

...but there is only one problem to resolve and we can say it's mission accomplished. cmake can't find Qt Declarative(which I think is provided by libqt4-experimental-declarative-dev) that is needed for QML gui and without qml gui packaging debs fail. If we just solve that issue we can build through cmake

Edit: Removing ./debian/navit-gui-qml.install is a temporary fix

Last edited by tanago; 2013-04-06 at 14:30.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:

Tags
navigation, navit, nokia n900, openstreetmap