Notices

In the menu right arrow works. During the actual gameplay CTRL+M should work as enter. Spoke with Whales, he had no idea what could be the cause as it worked ok in previous versions and nothing changed in regards to that according to him. Maybe Aapo will be able to pinpoint the cause of this.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
More on that:
I've tried connecting to my server with n900 and try playing via ssh and it happens again - enter is "shift+w"! If i connect from pc then enter works great. So the trouble is not in cataclysm itself, but is related to n900 xterm.
During the actual gameplay CTRL+M should work as enter
Thanks a lot! It works.

Last edited by tetsujin; 2011-11-22 at 12:16. Reason: mistype

Hi !
After recent update Cataclysm crashes from main menu with no terminal output/error report.

I'm not sure if it is the right thread to ask, but: how can I enter a symbol that looks like ">", but pointin up? I don't have in onscreen keybord. It is used in cataclysm to start waiting.

Originally Posted by tetsujin View Post
I'm not sure if it is the right thread to ask, but: how can I enter a symbol that looks like ">", but pointin up? I don't have in onscreen keybord. It is used in cataclysm to start waiting.
Press Fn (the button above shift) and then Sym/CTRL. It is on the bottom row. After selecting it press space for it to show up.

As to Cataclysm not starting, seems you need to currently manually enter into /opt/cataclysm directory before starting it up. Segfaults if called from other dir. Edit /usr/bin/cataclysm.sh to call /opt/cataclysm/cataclysm.sh (instead of /opt/cataclysm/cataclysm) and in that one just put:

#!/bin/sh
cd /opt/cataclysm
./cataclysm

Thanks, szopin!

It works now. But it only works when I start it from xterm. No luck with starting from menu.
I've also tried to change default cataclysm.sh to something like:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
osso-xterm -e "cd /opt/cataclysm; ./cataclysm"
exit 0
to be able to run it from menu - but window closes before I could see any error output.
Press Fn (the button above shift) and then Sym/CTRL. It is on the bottom row. After selecting it press space for it to show up.
Seems that I have different set of characters on that virtual keyboard. Will look for solution in proper threads.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
During the actual gameplay CTRL+M should work as enter. ... Maybe Aapo will be able to pinpoint the cause of this.
I tried to solve this, but I can't find working version (from version control system).

The Following User Says Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
The latest version works for me in osso-xterm (though not in mrxvt). Pre-CSSU, but with libvte fix mentioned here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=12

Sadly this breaks enter in DCSS (recompiling with fixed libvte though helps).

Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
I tried to solve this, but I can't find working version (from version control system).
Working version without the libvte fix: your first cataclysm port - http://maemo.org/packages/package_in.../0.0.1-maemo1/

Cleaned by the system as old so .deb link 404's, source is still there luckily (40+mb):
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...-maemo1.tar.gz

I uninstalled libvte fix from the thread I linked to previously and after opening new xterm cataclysm stopped accepting enter. Downloaded above source, compiled and it works.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
^ So you finally found a way to remove the one pixel border in Xterm?