Active Topics

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
As long as IGG is InDemand, there's a chance to order extra units!

I guess the first tablet's (Jolla's) unhappy ending didn't boost the sails for this one. Many are careful and might rather buy the device when it actually exists.

Crowd funding campaigns are risky. And even if you receive the product, you may have early adopter's remorse with it.

I pondered long before I placed my perk, now I have to ponder should I get more and how many. Maybe the optimist in me wakes up.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tsippaduida For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=Tsippaduida;1534950]I guess the first tablet's (Jolla's) unhappy ending didn't boost the sails for this one. Many are careful and might rather buy the device when it actually exists. /QUOTE]

I wanted to buy two, but only paid for one because I was once burned. I will likely order another if ever available.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
My humble prediction,
Sales will rise as soon as the first deliveries are confirmed.
It is obviuos e.g. Jolla is holding themself back with promotion or even proper mention to prevent another waterloo for themselves.

This tablet will sell because of its history if available and does not sell because of its history as long as it is in the making.

I promissed to do some promotion by collecting ideas here and i have some write up already but honestly, without a finished product, all effort would be tainted by historic events and the little cannon fodder i have would be a flash on the straw if not backed by events/release.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
I am kind of surprised that Jolla did not purchase a bunch of these tablets to help the campaign to become a reality.

Then use the Youyota instead of their joke of a refund.
The way Jolla is doing the refund has upset many people. And I believe there are many who want nothing to do with Jolla. Basically Jolla screwed themselves.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
I am kind of surprised that Jolla did not purchase a bunch of these tablets to help the campaign to become a reality.

The way Jolla is doing the refund has upset many people. And I believe there are many who want nothing to do with Jolla. Basically Jolla screwed themselves.
Given that Jolla refund approximately 30-50 supporters per month. That means Jolla can afford approximately 25 tablets per month. To get to 2000 it would take a few years. Also why should backers wait a year for a another potential tablet that might or might not hit the market.

I think it's better if jPad backers take the refund, evaluate the situation and if they want to transform it to support for yyTab.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post

The problem is, that we all want Sailfish OS to be a success. Jolla company is kind of "second hand priority".
Personally I would give blood to get SFOS on a decent hardware unit, but I wouldn't give **** to save Jolla company.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eson View Post
The problem is, that we all want Sailfish OS to be a success. Jolla company is kind of "second hand priority".
Personally I would give blood to get SFOS on a decent hardware unit, but I wouldn't give **** to save Jolla company.
Exactly my point. Jolla has pissed off many people.

The Following User Says Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by eson View Post
Seriously??? There actually are people who genuinely believe that the two can be separated? Holy simplicity!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
It is obviuos e.g. Jolla is holding themself back with promotion or even proper mention to prevent another waterloo for themselves.
Imagine the Jolla press release once Youyota comes out.

"Hey people, look, a lone amateur with just a few hundred supporters has successfully released the very same thing that we, a proper company with 100+ employees and megabucks in international investment have so spectacularly screwed up!"

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Seriously??? There actually are people who genuinely believe that the two can be separated? Holy simplicity!
That's not what I wrote.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os