Active Topics

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Uh, do you guys not realize giving your IMEI and hence serial number allows crooks to clone your devices? I advise you remove them for your protection.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
Uh, do you guys not realize giving your IMEI and hence serial number allows crooks to clone your devices? I advise you remove them for your protection.
how is that possible cloning a device? to make it look like the actually thing ? cosmetic is not the software I guess. And I think Maemo5 is open therefore it would be easier to clone I guess.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Cloning the handset is not the same as cloning the SIM card from what i understand...
an IMEI is more like a MAC address i think.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
http://www.symbian-freak.com/forum/v...p?f=11&t=14522
IMEI is a sensitve piece of information. Take heed and realize this is a freely travelled site. Anyone with malicious intent could come and steal from you, but only if you help them.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by zvogt View Post
I'm inclined to follow your non-advice. I'm reluctant to give up a (mostly) working n900, to wait an unknown length of time, to pay unknown addition cost, for a second device which may or may not have the same problem. I'd like to hold on to the one I've got, live with the hassle of having to use a headset for phone calls, and hope to get this one repaired under warranty once the current n900 fever dies down. The whole situation feels like it's going to be a gamble on my part either path I take.
Now that we are past the holidays, Amazon is suddenly being more cooperative. There are going to send me a replacement after all. Here's hoping the microphone in the new one works.

mic problems are in random calls......am calling anyone and talkin for 7-8 min ..no problem..in other calls ....like in any random time in the call...suddenley.. am talkin to myself...i uninstalled the fm radio app....any other solutions will be appreciated.!!??

Originally Posted by scurry View Post
I have a new n900 and if I have been using the phone all day and try to make a call the mic appears to not work.

I can hear the other person fine. A reboot appear to sort the issue. Anyone else have this problem?
hi.
I sometimes do calls with my n900 but suddenly the mic didnt work on a phonecall.
i have the same problem, i hear the other guy clear. but he doesnt hear me.
Did you fix this problem ? if so, could you tell me how
u fixed it or if nokia repaired it for u ??

Tags
audio, broken, dead, doa, fail, failure, lack of quality control, mic, microphone, n900, n900 recall, no audio