If so, post which method you used (OTA / flasher) and what you had installed.

I'm looking at doing a PR1.1 update on a fresh-out-of-the-box US model N900 and wanted to get some idea of other people's experiences.

Sure.. OTA and i had a lot of aps installed.

I had, updated OTA, didn't have to uninstall any application. Then, for cleanliness' sake, I reflashed through flasher, on an ubuntu stick (couldn't get it to work with windows 7). I had plenty of applications from Extras, Extras-testing and Extras-devel.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i did it OTA without a problem during or after,

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Updated OTA without a hitch.

OTA without any problems .. did cleanup some space on rootfs before starting though ..

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
updated here ota, all good had too many apps to list

having better batt life here also

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
I had a clean update through the update manager. I did however have to first reboot my device so it would free up enough rootfs space to download the upgrade though.

~Jeff

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Did a backup first, then PC Suite upgrade followed with restoration, did lose a couple of apps, otherwise doing fine, so far. Had about 40 apps re-installed by restoration, all did well.

I guess, doing OTA, you would not have to restore, is that true. I got message that required I do a USB PC suite, I guess I have too many apps from Extras test and Extra devel.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-01-16 at 15:23.

Mine was fine with over the air, no problems at all, I did not have any apps installed, and was performed out the box vodafone unit