I downloaded 059k74k firmware and flashed both files completely. I then applied the patch in page one old_main.bin --flash-only=cmt and my phone is working. A thousand thanks to all who helped and the keepers of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to panorton For This Useful Post:
this is the correct message:

hello guys, i just want to confirm if this n9 flash works in windows 8 OS? coz before, this works perfectly with my windows 7 OS, and now i have change my OS to windows 8. I have downloaded and installed the winflasher 3.12.1, and tried to download the firmware using navifirm plus 1.7 to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher. but when i am about to download, it says "unhandled exception has occured in your application................. Access to the path C:\Program Files\Flasher\059J232\ is denied.. Then i remember that i have the back up so i copied that firmware instead to the file path, now my question is, i cant open the flasher.exe inside the flasher folder, even if i run it as and administrator, i have also run set PATH C............ but nothing happens, so is this really not compatible with my windows 8 OS? is there any other way to reflash my nokia n9 with windows 8? i hope you could help me, thanks!!!

by the way. i'm talking about the flasher application inside the FLASHER folder, i cant open it, it is where i will enter the flasher commands,

Last edited by underbone; 2013-02-11 at 04:08.

If there is a solution to turn win8 compatibility to WinXp, maybe is hope, but i don't own win8, so i dn...perhaps you should use a different older PC with winXp to easier flashing thing, or get a copy of Winxp in internet and make a partition in your PC to install it..just for flashing purpose!

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Trübbach
hi
I have a problem i tried to flash my n9 but it doesn't works.

Some weeks ago it worked fine :S

Attached Images

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Sandro18,

The fiasco file is not in your flasher directory; copy it to the same directory as flasher i.e. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Flasher" then repeat...

it is in the file flasher

Originally Posted by Sandro18 View Post
it is in the file flasher
Check for typos then; best would be to rename it to rootfs.bin and do the procedure

still not working

Originally Posted by Sandro18 View Post
still not working
Its probably a case of user error; take a break for some while then read the instructions again and try again, surely you'll realize your error

thanks bro, actually i'm planning to dual boot my laptop, just for reflashing purposes only, haha

Tags
flashing, nokia n9