Hey all!

I have been reading around the forums, but have not yet found the response to this issue.. I am using three different SIP accounts, and consistently have trouble with all of them in the same way. Here is the setup:

1. Nokia N810 behind a router. The N810 runs Diablo, latest as of 2 days ago. Hooked to the network by wifi

2. RTComm is upgraded to the latest beta.

3. Accounts are 1) Wengo; 2) Callcentric; and 3) Gizmo. All are working, and all work basically flawlessly with incoming calls.

4. Wengo and Gizmo have the STUN servers manually assigned. Callcentric has no stun server.

The problem:

They also work amazingly well when calling SIP addresses / people not on landlines. However, when I call land lines (or cell phones or whatnot), things are very inconsistent. Some numbers always work. Others never work. But the majority sometimes work and sometimes don't.

I don't have ogg-support installed, and haven't been able to figure out how to better debug this.

Any ideas?

tarek : )

Last edited by tarek; 2008-10-20 at 18:56. Reason: added stun information

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barbados
For voice calls SIP requires a number of ports to be randomly opened for the rtp stream. The problem usually is that a router or some other device along the route has those ports blocked. If it is inconsistent it may be that the conversation works well when the path goes through the correctly configured devices.

Another issue could be that the codecs in use may not be supported all the way along the path.

The Following User Says Thank You to dbec10 For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the help!

Should the port issue not all be negated by the fact that the NIT is set as the router's DMZ? If not, are you aware what port ranges may need to be opened?

As for the codecs, any way to play with them? How do I select or restrict codecs?

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York

The Following User Says Thank You to xxM5xx For This Useful Post:
Hmm. Neither of those sound applicable, but I have changed my router's firmware to see if that helps..

Thanks for the hint.