it never connects for me it always says connection failed retry?

i dont know whats wrong i dont care for 3g as long as i have a internet connection edge should be ok for now -_-

wifi works great its just the att internet wont work

Are you "just telling us" its not working, or are you "looking for assistance"?

If you're looking for help, it would be beneficial if you posted your settings, and your current plan, along w/confirming previous success w/previous equipment, if applicable.

If you're just sharing, I'm posting this from my n900 via AT&T's network.

no it dont work at all lol ya im asking for help -_- sorry

i used to have the iPhone and it worked fine the internet

the settings are the default setting for att that came with the phone

i changed from iphone plan to unlimited medianet for 15$

Connection Name AT&T Internet
Connection Type GPRS
Access point name wap.cingular
Username WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password im not sure its all *******

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
Those values look fine. Password should be CINGULAR1, if you want to try re-entering.

AT&T Internet works for me. I haven't been on it today but I use the same settings posted. I guess they are downloaded automatically one time only when you first connect to the network, because I've intentionally messed up those settings to avoid connecting and they stay that way until I change them back.

Actually I have wireless.cingular.com:80 for the accesspoint name.

Have you ever edited those settings?

colnago: Would you mind posting your AT&T internet settings?

Last edited by arpwatch; 2010-01-16 at 21:30. Reason: More...

The APN wap.cingular is correct - in case I wasn't clear in my last post. That's what I'm using right now. The other option would isp.cingular with a username of ISP@CINGULARGPRS.COM (although from what I can tell this APN is only available if you pay AT&T for tethering).

The Following User Says Thank You to rewt For This Useful Post:
It seems like you guys all have valid AT&T info, I'm just not sure about the WAP password as I never knew it. I have registry access on my AT&T branded Motorola Q, and have made a few changes, etc. (I no longer go thru AT&T proxy).

I can post my info when I get back home, and have the Q, after the Ravens game. The only info I have now on the 900 is:

Connection: AT&T Internet
APN: wap.cingular
username: wap@cingular.com
pwd: (i don't know)

...all those settings were already saved on my SIM, as I'm on the general $30/mo. "smartphone plan". I made no changes and was able to get on. I just set my "Phone" settings to "auto" regarding 2G/3G, etc.

I'm surprised AT&T let the OP switch to MediaNet w/iphone...sweet! But maybe that's part of the prob.

I'll post more later.

Hmm,

when you are using on AT&T, the 3G will not work right, only Edge will still work, is this correct?

Originally Posted by tirtawn View Post
Hmm,

when you are using on AT&T, the 3G will not work right, only Edge will still work, is this correct?

Correct..only 2G/2.5G/Edge for AT&T. On T-Mobile (USA) I get 3G/3.5G, but not their 7Mb speeds in my area yet.

Originally Posted by colnago View Post
I'm just not sure about the WAP password
I already provided this information above, for anyone that needs it and didn't take notice.

Last edited by rewt; 2010-01-16 at 23:05.