Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Don't forget the ratio.

It's a 18:9 ratio in 6", in another word it's the same panel as a 5.4-5.5" screen in 16:9. The screen is bigger due to less bezels. In measurements the device is quite narrower and slightly shorter than the Moto Z2 Play.

Thinking this way, it's a 5.4" of the traditional 16:9 ratio.

P.S: Being quite smaller than the Xperia XA2 Plus, which quite some users are happily using SFOS upon.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by xman View Post
Just having some fun

https://i.imgur.com/HEoS8hz.jpg
That would be cool. If I could connect my samsung on top of this qwerty.
Looks cool.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Hi chen, great to see your project is taking form. Even so I'm also somewhat shocked reading about a 6" screen. On the other hand having a Xperia X and got finally used to the size, I made a comparison between my Xperia and the Galaxy S8 regarding size: https://phonesized.com/compare/#627,772
The S8 doesn't look horribly larger. So can you say some words how large the device will be in comparison to the S8. And if the 6" is referring to a rectangle or if it is measured from round corner to round corner.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
"Ratio rationale

We chose a notch-less screen with an 18:9 aspect ratio, and minimal bezels. Our device's footprint is smaller than most other 6-inch 18:9 phones, like the Nokia 7 Plus or Moto Z3. This doesn’t just reduce physical size, it also improves the typing experience. "

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Bigger is superior. Hopefully you can use the full screen or two apps at once while R/W content. Beginning with the original gangster note which was huge for it time
Now it would be average. But it also had 16:9 which I really like since most phones don’t use that today.

My main concern is the interaction between OS and QWERTY. Still haven’t heard anything about that.

But then, for sailfish, you don’t really need a nice/big screen becouse you can’t use it with any nice services anyways.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-12-16 at 12:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by F(x) Newsletter
Finally we decided to use an AMOLED panel instead of an LCD for more vibrant colours, deeper blacks, and fewer, thinner screen layers. We also chose a curved-edge screen to match the shape & contours of the main body.
I highly appreciate the decision to an AMOLED screen.

If the device will also get an official Sailfish OS port, then I am constrained to purchase it to fulfill my dream of owning a N950-alike smartphone.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Will the AMOLED be sunlight readable like the N900's transflective screen?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Will the AMOLED be sunlight readable like the N900's transflective screen?
The N900's screen may be 'transfective' but I would never, ever, ever call it 'sunlight readable'.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
It sure isn't!
I have only seen transreflective screens in old pre-smartphone Nokias. It went out of fashion with monochrome LCD's

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Once this device is available how would you puchase it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit