Poll: Should talk.maemo.org create and support a dark theme like the original ITT?
Poll Options
Should talk.maemo.org create and support a dark theme like the original ITT?

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
You forget one more
Nope. I did think about making a Hello Kitty theme, but decided not to.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
No, I meant mine. Now that you said Hello Kitty...

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Sometime's I wish this was a bar, I would send a round of drinks.

Cheers!
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

It *was* a bar once last year (and a fantastic one), in Berlin. With luck it will be one again, in Amsterdam... :-)

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
If this was something that was supported by Council and Reggie and Quim, it would be on an agenda and a timeline for completion would be set. Then you could say, in 1 month we will have some options. Or in two or three months we can have some options.
The process is sub-optimal; however, it should be obvious to everyone involved that this is not how it works.

I'd love to wave a big stick, and say "this is what I say is important to the community", but a) the sprint process has momentum; b) my voice alone is not enough (and neither is pointing to 67 people voting on a forum poll); and c) the prioritisation is done by the group. Things like SSO integration are higher on the group priority list.

Much of the discussion is moot with the additional theme choices being provided, but I felt it was important to stress that there are only four members of staff being paid to work on maemo.org full time, only one of them is a webmaster, he's busy 100% of the time and doesn't know vbulletin (AFAIK). This is why all the posts from the council and so on were supportive of a dark theme, but were trying to make it clear that wishing didn't make it so - and that anyone who was really motivated would give up some of their free time to scratch their itch (in the true open source style).

Or were you really suggesting that Reggie, Tim or Andrew gave up some of their limited free time to work on more theme choices for you (and however many others)? Instead of doing something they'd prefer to do, like playing with their kids; doing Maemo stuff relevant to them, etc.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
The process is sub-optimal; however, it should be obvious to everyone involved that this is not how it works.

I'd love to wave a big stick, and say "this is what I say is important to the community", but a) the sprint process has momentum; b) my voice alone is not enough (and neither is pointing to 67 people voting on a forum poll); and c) the prioritisation is done by the group. Things like SSO integration are higher on the group priority list.

Much of the discussion is moot with the additional theme choices being provided, but I felt it was important to stress that there are only four members of staff being paid to work on maemo.org full time, only one of them is a webmaster, he's busy 100% of the time and doesn't know vbulletin (AFAIK). This is why all the posts from the council and so on were supportive of a dark theme, but were trying to make it clear that wishing didn't make it so - and that anyone who was really motivated would give up some of their free time to scratch their itch (in the true open source style).

Or were you really suggesting that Reggie, Tim or Andrew gave up some of their limited free time to work on more theme choices for you (and however many others)? Instead of doing something they'd prefer to do, like playing with their kids; doing Maemo stuff relevant to them, etc.
Yes absolutely, why should they have family time,

You can twist things how you like Jaffa, but your being ridiculous. Itt seems like you just want to keep fighting. Thanks for all the updates though, riveting, really...
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Jaffa, as a member of the Community Council (I voted you #1 in the last election ), I ask of you a favour: please don't resurrect the forum-theme change threads.

Reggie solved the issue, so we don't need any more mud fighting. I hope you understand

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I would just like to thank the ad wizard who decided to go with a leprous orange color for the new forum.

I think he should be shot on general principle.