Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Works fine with kp 49..
Multibook is recommended.
and yea, i have multiboot and kp49 and fbfs.. they both work..
in bultibook, maemo kernel will be a a conflict but i dont need it.. plus wget and kernel-power-flasher is a conflict too.. i wonder why..
but then again, its jus lasher.. multiboot works fine..

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
Same issue here as Fraad, needs multiple reboots to bet back into KP48. And BFS didn't boot yet to me. Even stock kernel refuses to load from multiboot. very scary. But I kept trying the KP48 and finally it fell through.

I guess some more co-existence testing needs to be done ...

what is this? and how will it help me? can any1 plz explain.i viewed the webpage. bt wasnt clear. i am using kp 47
BACKUPMENU

Then keep using it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
installed bfs on my new device because i LOVE it.

but can i install speedpatch? it seems to mess with cpu scheduling and dont wanna mess up!

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
well kernel bfs for my most part seems to work fine, i havent felt any conflict with kp 47 or 48. However mulitboot does behave slighty funny but its nothing to worry about;
just keep on selecting the boot option that you want with the keyboard open, the device may turn off but dont worry, then close the keyboard and power up it shud boot into the option you selected last...

also kernel bfs creates a flickering effect while scroll with opera, unlike power kernel. I shall test it some more and see what happens under heavy stress.

The Following User Says Thank You to mohi2k7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Guys, I need a bit help here...
As I'm trying to install it through FAM, it is going to delete batterypatch and kernel-power-flasher 49. As far as i know multiboot flashes kernels everytime we pick a kernel. So does that mean i won't be able to boot into 49 no more? I can live without batterypatch, but not without kp. What should i do then?

Originally Posted by imacmillan View Post
but can i install speedpatch?
well i would recommend against having "speed patch" and bfs together because i kept on getting an xterm error... i made sure i had purged speed patch and remove bash.rc from home/user

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
So does that mean i won't be able to boot into 49 no more? I can live without batterypatch, but not without kp. What should i do then?
well when i installed via xterm i noticed that powerkernelflasher was going to removed but it got replaced by the bfsflasher so its okay... make sure you grab the boot img from fapman

soz i cant help with the battery patch since i dont use it

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
uninstalling this caused the phone to brick, requiring the phone to be reflashed. be careful