Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Things could be MUCH worse... like example no games at all from Rovio. I mean Maemo 5 isn't exactly the platform to develope and full of users...
And hey we got Rovio game that nobody else got in any other platform, Bounce Evolution.

Nokia can thank their luck that the hottest mobile game developer is making games for them too and i so hope this will continue in future with Symbian and MeeGo.
Rovio developed bounce evolution for Nokia as Nokia own the IP as publisher. so it was not developed out of love.
if it was about Money and userbase why did they not charge the 3 million who got it for free on Android £1 or even 50p that would of covered costs for all platforms.

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
Rovio developed bounce evolution for Nokia as Nokia own the IP as publisher. so it was not developed out of love.
if it was about Money and userbase why did they not charge the 3 million who got it for free on Android £1 or even 50p that would of covered costs for all platforms.
Because on Android it's not that easy. Being able to publish a successful paid version requires two things: a working store and customers who are used to purchase applications. On Android neither one of those prerequisites are in great shape. The Android market only works on some countries and even there the store volumes are quite low as people are not used to buy software like on iPhone.

That is why we released the Android version as ad funded. People get the game for free but we can still cover our costs from the ad revenues.

Game business is maybe not all about the money as you need to have a real passion for making games to make them great. But money is still the bottom line because without it no company can function, no matter how much love there is.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
I did not doubt a sec that Bounce wasn't heavily aided by Nokia i was just saying that we do have at least one rather high quality game from Rovio that nobdoy else got.
Like already said above Angy Birds on Android is ad funded like so many other Android games and apps(i got both Galaxy S and N900 and on both Angy Birds).

Originally Posted by Miika View Post
If I remember correctly the plush toys should become available by the holiday season. There have been quite a lot of toy-throwing in our office lately, funny how these things can appeal to grown men/women this much.
Finally released in your online store, Miika..

http://shop.angrybirds.com/

$15USD for the plush.. but another $37USD for Postage and delivery to Australia?? Getting two is $42USD for postage..

Why so expensive for delivery?

Also noticed that these are the normal plush toys.. cant find the flingable ones I saw from the competition.. :P

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
So angry birds is not showing on Ovi store could be that it's being pushed out to Ovi Store finally?

Hey Miika, any updates on the addition level packs or are they just stuck pending for Nokia's OVI Q&A?

we did get the custom levels that nobody else has right? nokia n900 ftw!

bounce is a great game but it lacks more gameplay it feels more like a demo than a full game, if rovio is developing it i would defenetly pay money for such a high quality game

Originally Posted by unkno View Post
Hey Miika, any updates on the addition level packs or are they just stuck pending for Nokia's OVI Q&A?
We just got 1.4.2 update and level pack 4 ready and through our own QA yesterday. Will submit to Ovi hopefully on Monday.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
good news then... i'll be eagerly waiting for the ovi guys to release it then.... you guys should throw us something else... like a official level builder or something, cuz i feel that the other platforms are getting more love than us, N900 users.

The Following User Says Thank You to kaspal For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread