Active Topics

Is there anyway to sync my microsoft live edu email account with the stock email app? I've tried many times but I might have the wrong settings. Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere View Post
Is there anyway to sync my microsoft live edu email account with the stock email app? I've tried many times but I might have the wrong settings. Any help would be appreciated.
It is possible. However theres a problem.. Windows live mail only supports POP3, so all existing messages will be marked as 'unread' when you add your email account to the N900.

And as you may know, or not, you can only mark emails as read one by one.. So if you have 1000 emails in the inbox, you will have to manually mark all 1000mails as read.

If this doesn't bother then just add a new account and choose 'Hotmail' as the mail provider.Enter the user name (the whole .edu email address). enter the password and just finish.

Once it has finished loading, go to 'edit accounts' from the Email menu, select your .edu email address and ensure that all email/user name fields are entered correctly (in your case your whole email address).

Just save the settings and it should work.

Last edited by kevinp93; 2010-11-28 at 20:35.

Thanks for your help. I've been trying everything but nothing been working. Do you think the problem has to do with my email being "@moscot.school.edu" instead of the typical edu format?