Active Topics

Poll: Should I Keep the N900 or get the N8?
Poll Options
Should I Keep the N900 or get the N8?

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ames IA, USA
Recently I listed my N900 on ebay here http://bit.ly/myebayitems , hoping to sell it and get an N8. I have been debating over this for a year now. I like the N900, but after a year of using it, my main issues with it are its too bulky, and I really want a phone now, not a mobile computer. But the N900 has so many great features. I would like to hear from a community of N900 experts. What do you think I should do? dump the n900 for the n8. Or keep the n900?

Last edited by txh; 2011-02-08 at 00:02.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I voted keep the N900, but if you need to change a phone due to some problems, then I suggest getting the E7.

4” ClearBlack AMOLED touch screen and QWERTY
Real-time work and personal emails
Maps with free GPS navigation
8 MP camera and HD video
Fully integrated social networks
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Keep the N900
The N8 only is better in camera

keep your n900 because its more durable than n8 the plastic part can be easily damage if you drop it... im telling you this because my bro-in-law use my sisters n900 and they drop that more than 50X and you wont even see a big scratch and then he bought the n8 after a month it got drop 2x the hdmi part is crack already and the plastic part of the bezel is full of dents...

The Following User Says Thank You to Changegames For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Changegames View Post
keep your n900 because its more durable than n8 the plastic part can be easily damage if you drop it... im telling you this because my bro-in-law use my sisters n900 and they drop that more than 50X and you wont even see a big scratch and then he bought the n8 after a month it got drop 2x the hdmi part is crack already and the plastic part of the bezel is full of dents...
Was he playing n900fly???

I can't imagine otherwise why someone would keep dropping (>50X) the N900 or any other phones???

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mboro - UK
I played with an N8 and wasn't impressed at all. uter **** and the browser is awful.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Austria
N8 is only cool because it's used in "Tron Legacy"
What do you think is better on N8? The browser(s) on the N900 is/are the best and thats the most important thing for me.
N8 only have a better camera and hdmi out instead of tv out...and no nice hw-keyboard like n900/e7

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
No, do NOT get an N8. I work for an Australian telco dealing with complaints, and IMHO - it's the next N97. And I don't mean simply chronologically, but problem-wise as well. A browse of the comments under the specs for the N8 on gsmarena.com will reveal all.

Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
Was he playing n900fly???

I can't imagine otherwise why someone would keep dropping (>50X) the N900 or any other phones???
its not intended but they always drop it i saw them drop on carpet, concrete,wood, inside the car, getting out of the car lol...

Keep you're N900......my mate has an N8 and although it's ok, it does feel like a toy compared to my N900.

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

Tags
symbian burns, w7p rains