Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
Hi all...is there a way to make fastsms the default qwerty keyboard instead of the built-in?
im currently using the cssu and everything is working well but when im texting the default virtual keyboard appears and i cant get fastsms to appear as the default....is there a way to do this? thanks

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Finland
Install package FastSMSEvo and reboot. Then FastSMS should become your default virtual keyboard.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by RobertHall View Post
Hi all...is there a way to make fastsms the default qwerty keyboard instead of the built-in?
im currently using the cssu and everything is working well but when im texting the default virtual keyboard appears and i cant get fastsms to appear as the default....is there a way to do this? thanks
Install FastSMSEvo. I think it's in devel only for now though. Though you could enable devel just to install it and then disable devel. It doesn't cause any horrible device breaking bugs right now.

Edit: Someone posted before me. If you don't feel like rebooting you can also type "killall hildon-input-method" into x-terminal after installing it.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-03-15 at 19:28.

thanks guys...i actually had both installed i think fastsms and evo...do i need them both? or just evo?

Originally Posted by RobertHall View Post
thanks guys...i actually had both installed i think fastsms and evo...do i need them both? or just evo?
In order for FastSMSEvo to work you MUST have FastSMS installed

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
In order for FastSMSEvo to work you MUST have FastSMS installed

AHHHH...true...just installed fastevo only and its working....(needless to say fastsms seemingly was installed also by default) and doing what i want it too thanks all!

ok i wanna get this fastsmsevo too, first i can't find it when i check my app manager, you guys say its in devel, but that's dangerous right? plus i tried installing it before through a link in the forums, it said some components were missing. please someone put a guide on how to get this... can anyone put the link in the reply? first i install fastsms, then fastsmsevo, then what? reboot or what?.. please help me, and please copy and paste the links here so it's easier for everyone to just come here and install these apps

also i have installed the hildon portrait thingy, whats this cssu? can it be done without it?